9- You wrote about us?

Remember to leave votes and comments loves!!!

August's POV

Thursday 11th May

"I'm going for a walk with Emersyn." Rayne says quietly as he passes me sat at his kitchen table, laptop open, eyes squinted at the screen.

I look up.

"You are?"

"Yeah, I know we're like not supposed to or whatever. We'll keep a distance and stuff. But I haven't seen any her in months and I miss her."

I just nod, looking round and watching him bend down to tie his shoes by the door.

"Alright, you ok?"

Rayne looks up to meet my eyes and he nods. "Yeah, I just didn't know whether to say or not."

I frown. "Why?"

"Because you and her- tensions, yanoe?"

"Oh, no, we're fine now."

He cocks his head.

"Well I think we're fine, has she said anything to you?"

"No mate, we banned your name like four years ago."

I smile slightly at that.

"We've been talking a little." I say carefully.

Not the past couple of weeks, she'd text me once, I'd reply. She wouldn't reply much back to that, so I have been trying to just- leave her be.

It's weird. This want I have, like to talk to her. It's stupid and a really bad idea, to carry on talking, after all these years.

But shit she had me smiling down at the phone screen and maybe I am a selfish fuck to enjoy that.

"You what?"

Oh Ha.

"Where's Sawyer?" I ask, switching topics.

"In bed, he's got another migraine."

"Oh." I nod. "Does he need anything?"

Rayne looks at me slightly surprised but shakes his head. "Nah he's got everything he needs. You distracted me, you and Em are talking?"

I shrug. "I called her a month or so ago, to like check she got home okay, and we talk a little here and there."

"Is that a good idea?"

I narrow my eyes but admittedly shake my head.

"Probably not."

"Have you spoken to Alessia?"

I nod. "Why?"

"Because she text me the other night trying to get hold of you."

"She wants sex, that's all."

He pulls a face at me and I just shrug, we've never been shy about this shit before.

"Where is she?"

"At her mums I think."

"You think?"

"She's at her mums." I clarify. "Why?"

"I dunno, I liked her."

I nod slowly. "Yeah, she's good."

"But you ended it with her?"

I look at him confused. "Aren't you about to go and meet Emersyn? Don't leave her to wait for you."

"She'll be late anyway." Rayne says flippantly. "I am just curious, like I worry about you. You've lost your job, girlfriend, apartment, you've come home and now you're telling me you're talking to Emersyn again? I just worry all the progress you've made is gonna..."