Wish I Was Heather

It's a song fic, I've never written one before and I wanted to give it go

It's angsty, the song is Heather by Conan Gray. I highly recommend his music. Peter is with MJ but Harley likes him. Edit: I really said all hurt no comfort without a second thought also no beta because it's late and I'm tired.

I still remember, third of December, me in your sweater

You said it looked better onmethan it didyou

Only if you knew, how muchLiked you

Peter loves oversized sweaters, so, Harley wasn't surprised to see him wearing one in December. It still made him suck in a breath. The sleeves cover his hands in adorable sweeter paws and the bottom hung below his jeans slightly. In Harley's eyes, he couldn't look more perfect. He wasn't as dressed for the weather however. Just wearing jeans and a t-shirt, not very protective against the growing chill in the air. This led to him shivering on their hang out, a lot. His best friend (and crush) quickly noticed and immediately offered his sweeter, already pulling it over his head messing up his hair in a way Harley thought it might kill him with cuteness.

"Here, it's too big on me so it might fit. Don't say no, I can tell you're freezing" A grin wide on his face in a teasing way. "I thought you grew up in Tennessee? Aren't you used to the cold?" His voice obviously curious with hints of friendly mockery. A bickering the two shared with each other.

"I am used to it, doesn't mean I'm immune to it." With the clatter of his teeth you could barely pick up on feigned irritation, but Peter noticed and let out a chuckle. "But what about you? Won't you be cold?" He said despite still taking the sweeter and putting on. Peter laughed.

"Spider DNA remember, I don't deal with temperature the same way you do, I'll be fine."

With that, they continued exploring the streets they loved, Harley making the most of his time alone with Peter.

But I watch your eyes as she

Walks by

What a sight for sore eyes, brighter than a blue sky

She's got you mesmerized while I die

The next day at school, the group walked to lunch, Peter's eyes lovingly trained on his girlfriend. Harley had to deal. He had to deal with looking at his crush seeing someone else as his world. H had to deal with listening to Peter ramble about her, MJ, in the ride home about her eyes and unconventional humour. He had to deal with Peter being mesmerised by her. Being in love with her. Not him. Not Harley.

Why would you ever kiss me?

I'm not even half as pretty

You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester

But you like her better

(Wish I were Heather)

Every morning Peter would kiss her cheek, forehead or, if Harley was really unlucky, on the lips. Three pairs of cheeks lighting up red, two out of love and awkwardness and one out of jealousy and slight anger at himself. He shouldn't have waited. Now on MJ was Peter's sweeter, the same one Harley wore as he talked himself out of admitting things to Peter in December. He watched as she smiled slyly and made one of her usual comments. 'It's just a sweeter' Harley thought bitterly. Another kiss was shared between the couple earning a vomit joke from Ned and a single, wistful, thought from Harley. 'I wish I was MJ'.

Watch as she stands with her, holding your hand

Put your arm 'round her shoulder, now I'm getting colder