𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 '𝚟𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗'

*contains spoilers for chp 138

┍━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━┑

heartbreak wasn't something new for eren.

from a young age, he had been forced to fend for himself, living with regrets and the choices that he didn't make. if only he hadn't been so weak, maybe his mum wouldn't be up in heavens feigning a glare of disgust.

his father continued to live on his mind, frequently snapshots of his previous life play in his mind as he sat in a movie theatre with a bucket full of pocket. not shortly after the bucket would always begin to wriggle and eventually tip over as worms spilt out over the side finding refuge on the musty floor, replacing the buttery and warm popcorn that once used to reside within the container.

a hole began to burn in the centre of the screen and rapidly spread outwards, eating away at the memories of grisha. leaving only char and the smell of smoke behind. a black screen just stared back at eren. there was no film left to play yet he still sat there in desperation/hungrily for more. the story couldn't end like this.

genocide or total abandonment.

those were the two options. ironic how they were the polar opposites of each other but both left a section of humanity scarred.

what a decision to rest on a 19-year-old's shoulders, all he had done was a vow to take revenge on the monsters that took away his mother, his childhood, his hometown. never in a million year did the possibility that he was a said monster ever strike him until that fateful day, where the predicament he had been in, shone a light on his true self.

there had been many others like him but the stark difference was that they set out to work against him, pursuing different beliefs to his.

he wasn't sure when things started to become less interesting. the more he fought for freedom, the heavier he began to feel like the weight of the world around him came crashing down onto him, suffocating him.

he didn't scream nor did he complain. instead, he took on the role of the villain, he's the reason for everyone's pain, call him a scumbag, the most detestable man alive.

it's always easy to deflect the truth onto something as easy as a lie. it's effortless to make everyone loathe him and push those closest to him away. in order to make the loss of his presence go unnoticed when it was his time to fade away. there's no gap to fill if there was never one in the first place.

he only had 4 years left. those who held him dearly in their hearts had a countless amount of time which they couldn't spend mourning over a wilted flower that wouldn't rise again. no matter how many tears they flood the carcass of a plant with.

4 years to make everything right, those years were best used crafting a world suitable for his loved ones and one where many generations after him could prosper life in the beautiful landscape which earth had to offer.

armin free to frolic the oceans as he pleases, mikasa no longer tied down by the dying wishes of his parent to protect the boy. historia able to user her ability to reign as the powerful leader which resided within her.

the calm after the storm was coming soon, just a little longer. everyone just needed to survive just a little longer.

continue battling against the villain eren, who held the situation in his hands, able to manipulate the situation into anything he willed of it.

the day for freedom would come, maybe he wouldn't live to see it but he wouldn't die without trying. otherwise, all would be in vain. he had been deemed as humanity's last hope after all.

it all occurred faster than anyone could comprehend. her sword swiftly slicing through, finishing the job cleanly with one stroke. she held the incapacitated head in her shaking hands, as the film of 'what could have been' played on in her mind. pools so deep form at the tear ducts, a pricking sensation overtaking the body as she rewatches his gift of departure.

will things truly be better going forward?

was this what you wanted,

the boy who sought freedom?

┕━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━┙

yo this is bad but my brain is in essay mode, not story mode :')

also, requests are open !

currently listening to : red velvet - my second date

have a great day <3

- serai