𝚖𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚜𝚊'𝚜 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚜

request made by : TerraXAqua on ao3

┍━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━┑

the sun was beginning to set in the clear sky. displaying an array of colours from warm amber to a cool tone of violet. the weather had started as a fairly pleasant autumn's day but as the night set in, the breeze increasingly picked up in strength.

just as mikasa entered her lodgings, she could feel the bite of the wind on her weary body. another day riddled with tedious training however she was unfazed and remained her ever stoic self. her feet on the other hand were suffering the effects of the long hours. pins and needles had overtaken every part of this particular limb. with every step, she made a respectable attempt to suppress the discomfort but to no avail, each twinge of pain was more prominent than the last.

settling on her worn bed, she wrestled her boots off; releasing a sigh of relief as she stretched her toes which had been cooped in her tight shoes for a prolonged period of time.

the battered door flung open as presence bursting with intensity disturbed the relaxed setting.

'it could only be eren,' mikasa thought to herself. after spending many years with the fiery person, she had learnt many traits of his. it was as though she knew him like the back of her hand.

'mikasa they're serving today's rations in the hall,' to go with his fervent passion, he spoke as if every word that he uttered was one of an important speech. eren exuded confidence unlike any other, he perhaps came off as arrogant and righteous at times but the girl understood that the boy had everyone's best interests at heart.

the scenario that was supposed to happen was that she was going to agree; stand up and head to the dining room accompanying eren however a hindrance prevented her from doing so. as she placed pressure onto her right foot, a sharp sensation made her hiss with pain.

e ren's face darkened with worry as he watched mikasa fall as quickly as she rose onto the bed, clutching at its posts. promptly he rushed over to her side, wondering what had overpowered the resilient mikasa.

'hey, what happened?' the rough tone of his voice had been switched out for a much softer one.

'it's nothing, worry about yourself rather than me,' mikasa didn't quite know how to react, she had never been in this position before, her role had always been one of a protector.

'no way, you're clearly in pain, tell me what is hurting,'

'i'm telling you its nothing serious, it will fade in a couple of hours,' she paused as debated on telling him but the rational side of her took control, making her come to a sensible conclusion.

'suit yourself, be like that then,'

'eren-'

'mikasa either tell me or remain in pain,'

'fine it's my feet, it's aching all over,'

'that wasn't so hard to say,'

she couldn't think of much else to do asides from turn her head away from unease, she never thought of herself as a prideful person so there was no answer as to why she reacted in such a defensive way.

'now let me give it a massage,'

the bold command startled the dark-haired girl as eren had never offered to do such a task before.

'i really don't think that's necessary-'

'it will ease the pain, promise,'

hesitantly she gave in to his demands, not knowing what to expect. not that she had imagined such a scene before but eren seemed like the type of person to be, for a lack of better words, a bad masseuse.

his aggressiveness in combination with his passion as a human seems as though they would seep into the action of his hands as they rubbed the skin.

mentally she braced herself as his calloused hands came into contact with her supple skin. however the tingles of agony never came, instead, the feeling of feathers began dancing on her pearly skin as eren's limbs expertly moved in a gentle manner.

the sun felt as though it was glaring down on her as her cheeks flared up. she didn't realise it but her face had morphed into a shade of scarlet red. mikasa never expected eren to be so good.

his fingers swiftly moved up and down, gently massaging the places which hurt the most. it was as if he could see through the skin like an x-ray and discover the exact muscles which were aching. mikasa peered down on the masseuse and saw that he too had been a victim of the increase in temperature. his cheeks were just as red as hers had been and if he wasn't careful he may accidentally shift into a tomato.

out of the blue, mikasa felt a squeak bubbling in her throat, threatening to spill out of her mouth. hastily, her hands flit up to her face, stifling the humiliating noise. she couldn't begin to imagine how eren's ego would expand if he were to hear signs of the girl's enjoyment.

not to say that it wouldn't have been embarrassing for mikasa if she had actually let the sound escape past her lips.

but it just felt so good. she hadn't realised how stiff her feet had actually been, if she hadn't been careful someone may have accidentally mistaken them for rocks disguised as body parts.

unknowingly, a smile slithered onto her face, it was a minute one, from afar the human eye would have not been able to pick it up however if you were close enough, anybody could have seen that it was a smile of appreciation. eren could be rather harsh with his words but it was moments like these which mikasa treasured. he was a kind person at heart.

a tap jolted her awake even though she hadn't drifted into a doze. eren's ragged face obscured her view, indicating that the foot massage had reached an end.

it took a while before the effects sunk in but it didn't take long before her feet felt much lighter. flexing them was as though they were the most flexible rubber band in the world. a substantial weight had been elevated off and standing felt like she was dancing on a bed of clouds or she was frolicking through a field of colourful flowers.

'hey, mikasa are you coming?'

eren had already made his way out the ajar door and was heading into the darkness of the night.

'eren-'

he turned to stare at her in the eyes, showing her that she had his full attention.

'thank you' she spoke feebly but she knew that the boy understood the gravity of her words. a scoff made her eyes widen before blushing once again.

'let's go get some food.'

with that, he departed the lodges, forcing mikasa to hurry after him in order to not be left behind. she stood on the threshold before learning that the chill of the air had not yet faded; the red scarf lay neatly on the bed waiting to be worn around mikasa's neck like it had been done all those years ago.

quickly she grabbed it and wrapped it around herself as she chased after the boy who had gifted her this piece of clothing on a cold night like this one. he was most likely unaware of it, but no matter what happened, eren would always be a place of great comfort for the girl and she would protect him even until the bitter end.

┕━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━┙

i wrote this before chp 138 came out and all i can say is 0-0

- serai