𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚄𝙴

𝙿𝚁𝙾𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚄𝙴

𝙰𝚝𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊

"I'm exhausted. Come and pick me up." Madelyn said into the phone.

"I told you not to go into work six months pregnant." Madelyn's husband, Landon said as she spun in her chair.

"We need the money, babe. We've got a baby coming in three months. We need to be prepared." Madelyn said.

"I wish you had let me get a second job or anything." Landon said, making Madelyn sigh.

"Hey, it took two to make the baby. It'll take the both of us to provide for him." Madelyn said, making Landon laugh.

"God, I love you. Are you really sure about this, though? Because you should be resting. I knew I should've let my mother take you to her house." Landon said.

"As much as I love your mother, I'd rather be with you." Madelyn said.

"I love you. I'll be by the office in a few. Hang tight." Landon said before hanging up.

"You are one lucky bitch." Madelyn's co-worker, Linda said. "He really loves you."

"I don't know what I would do without him." Madelyn smiled.

"How's the little one doing?" Linda asked, motioning to the baby bump.

"He's being a good boy. Not making me uncomfortable which is great." Madelyn smiled. She couldn't wait to finally meet her little boy. All Madelyn ever wanted was to be a mother and her dream was finally coming true. She knew she had everything in life. The perfect husband and soon to be perfect father, a loving family. Madelyn didn't need anything else. She smiled as she looked out of the office window and squinted when she saw a few people running on the streets. Madelyn didn't think much of it since they were in the city of Atlanta. Of course there would be people running around trying to get to work or home.

"Madelyn!" A voice called out, making her smile as she turned around and saw her husband standing by her desk.

"Hey." Madelyn smiled before kissing his cheek.

"How was your day today? Kevin didn't flirt with you again, did he?" Landon grumbled, making her laugh. Kevin was a co-worker of Madelyn's and he had a giant crush on her but she rejected him every single time since she was married and loved her husband very much.

"No, not today." Madelyn smiled.

"Ready to go?" Landon asked.

"Yeah, I'm just going to get my stuff." Madelyn smiled. Landon nodded and she got up to go to the coat rack to grab her jacket. Just as she was about to reach for it, she heard a scream, making her turn around and look at the scene in horror.

"HELP!" Landon cried out in pain as a man seemed to be biting his arm before ripping a piece off. Madelyn gasped in horror and ran over to Landon as everyone else in the office were panicking and running.

"Landon, you're gonna be fine!" Madelyn said as she covered Landon's bleeding wound with her hand.

"I love you, Mads." Landon said.

"Landon, stop. You're gonna be fine." Madelyn stuttered as she saw other co-workers being bitten into. "We need to go. We need to get to a hospital. This guy is clearly insane."

"O-" Was all Landon could say before the same man bit into Landon's neck, making him scream in pain.

"NO!" Madelyn screamed as tears streamed down her face. She gripped Landon's hand tightly as he was being dragged down by the man.

"Madelyn...run." Landon gurgled as blood came out of his mouth and his eyes closed.

"No, Landon." Madelyn cried as the man, now with a bloody mouth, turned to look at her. Madelyn felt sick. This man's skin was peeling and rotting and his eyes were bloodshot. What the hell was going on? Madelyn cried as she kicked the man's head away and let go of Landon's hand, holding onto Landon's wedding ring. Landon wanted Madelyn to run so that's exactly what she was going to to.

Madelyn had to run.