“Tastes fine to me, and I drink it hot to kill the butterflies in my stomach.” She drank more, Chase smiling as he prepared his and they drank it in silence, the occasional scratching of Parker’s nails on the floor as he walked around.

“Let me get changed and I’ll take you home to change.” Chase set his cup in the sink and Maddie nodded, hearing him leave upstairs before she closed her eyes and sighed heavily.

A date? How does one even act on dates? Well, I know how one acts on dates, but with him? Oh god what if he pulls a move on me? I’m not ready for that! But then again, he doesn’t kiss that bad. Actually, he’s a great kisser. But why would he even be interested in me? I’m not like his family.

Thank god I’m not like them. Christ, I wanted to smack Samantha for how she acted. And that Celestina girl and Olivia! I don’t get what their problem was, I mean, it’s not like I was actually dating Chase, I mean, I don’t want to.

At least I think I don’t, do I?

“No, I don’t.”

“You don’t what?” Chase asked, walking in. He had on a simple pair of jeans with a brown leather belt and a pair of blue Converse on. He had a buttoned down white shirt with the first two buttons undone and a blue blazer over it. The sleeves of both the blazer and shirt were folded up and he smiled at her as he fixed his shirt collar.

“Talking to myself, ignore it.” Maddie waved her hand and Chase smiled.

“Well stop talking to yourself and come on.”

They headed out, Chase helping Parker into his body leash and the three walked to his car, hopping in and he started the car.

“Maybe taking Parker out wasn’t a good idea…” Chase looked out at the snowy streets.

“Maybe he likes it, right Parker?” Maddie looked behind her at the pug who had his tongue out and looked out the window happily.

Chase chuckled and they headed to Maddie’s apartment in silence. Chase parked the car in front, Maddie getting off and heading inside. She walked in, looking around for Josh and seeing him fast asleep on the couch and snoring. She gave him a disgusted look, heading to her room to change. She decided to go for something casual and pulled off Chase’s clothes. She changed into a pair of black skinny jeans and walked to her dresser, picking out a burgundy T-shirt and a sweater. She laced up her shoes and walked back out, grabbing her leather jacket and walked to her brother.

Heading out with Chase, don’t wait up. Love you. –Madds

She left the note on the coffee table, and walked back out, getting in Chase’s car, seeing him on the phone. He pulled out of the parking spot, driving and talked with Ryland.

“I don’t understand, where are you taking her?” He asked and Chase sighed, looking both ways before turning his car and continued.

“As of now, not so sure, but I will tell you this:” “It’s in the bag tonight.” He smiled and Ryland laughed, wishing him luck before they hung up. He drove in silence, his phone going off with notifications and texts. He finally thought of a place and took a turn, heading more north.

Chase pulled up into a dirt road, heading straight before parking in an empty spot.  “Ever been here?” Chase asked and Maddie unbuckled herself, looking around and seeing the Zoo next to them.

“Well, Lincoln Park Zoo is here.” She opened her door and stepped out, Chase following as Parker hopped to the front for Chase to grab his leash securely.

“And next to the zoo is?” He asked, closing his door and locking it.

“The fish pond?” She asked, turning to him.