Family (3) 🧡

Remus spent the day listening to stories about small seven-year-old Laura and even meeting Hope's husband, Willam, who was 10 times better than Lyall. He and Hope looked so in love and Remus couldn't help but realize how out of love Cassaundra and Lyall looked.

Hope and Will would chase each other around the house with a muggle toy called nerf guns to decide who had to do the dishes. Will was a pureblood wizard but he absolutely loved the muggle world, like Sirius.

He watched the pair fondly while Laura, who he learned was his stepsister, chatted away about something she saw in a magazine she stole from Mummy. Embry was upstairs taking care of the little one, one-year-old Leo (stepbrother), while Romulus sat next to Remus.

"Okay but seriously, there's no way you like to study too!"

"It's interesting!" Remus laughed at Romulus' exasperated expression. "You're not the only one. My mates have to be tied to a chair and spelled to focus on a book."

"Speaking of your mates, you're pranksters, right? Famous around the school for it?"

Remus snorted. "More like infamous."

Romulus stroked his chin jokingly as if he had a beard. "Interesting." Remus raised an eyebrow but decided not to question it, already knowing what must be stirring in his mind.

The next day, Hope made a large lunch since Sirius, James, and Peter were coming. Remus told her it was fine, but she's been fussing about it anyway. Will told him it was a natural motherly instinct.

The doorbell rang around noon. Hope and Remus went to the door, the lady watching as Remus opened it.

"Moony!" Sirius' voice called excitedly. Remus didn't get to respond before the said male launched into his arms making Remus stumbled back a bit, laughing. James followed with a grin. "This twat here wouldn't shut up ever since you left." 

"Torture! Frank tried convincing McGonagall to let us come earlier because he didn't want to put up with us," added Peter.

After Sirius let go Remus got quick hugs from James and Peter before Hope lead them into the living room to meet everyone. Watching fondly as his best friends eagerly talked to the family, Hope smiled at her son.

"So, love," she started with a knowing smirk. "You and Sirius?"

Remus almost choked on his spit.

Seeing this, Hope was quick to comfort him. "Oh, I don't mind! You're always going to be accepted here no matter what, Rem."

And that Remus almost cried at.

"Yeah," he smiled, having got control of his emotions. "I love him." Hope hummed with a small smile. "I can see he loves you too. How long have you been together?"

"About two years." Remus and Hope talked more about Remus and Sirius, plus James' fat crush on Lily Evans and Peter's love for food. Remus watched fondly as Sirius and James talked with Romulus and Willam and Peter talked to Embry and Laura while Leo gurgled happily in Embry's arms.

-----

Remus and Sirius were laying on the bed in the guest room (which was so much better than Cassaundra and Lyall's guest room) while James and Peter crashed in the living room after spending a good hour talking and eating sweets together. It was late, probably somewhere around midnight, though Sirius and Remus were still awake.

There was an air mattress on the floor for one of the boys, but of course, they both ended up in the bed together. It was too strange sleeping alone after sleeping together for two years.

"Mum offered to changed this room to mine if I want to live here," Remus whispered emotionally. Sirius turned his head to look at him. "Are you going to accept it?" The silver-eyed boy whispered back equally quietly.

Remus bit his lip. "Yeah of course," he said, "but what about my transformations?"

Sirius threaded his fingers through Remus' hair. "I'm sure she's thought about that, love. I heard her and Willam talking about it, Willam said he'd work on making sure the windows are boarded up and the correct magic is used to make sure you don't hurt anyone. And maybe we can stay with you, though that might take some convincing." 

Remus smiled gently at the love of his life. He kissed the boy softly. "Love you Pads."

"Love you more, Moons."

-----