2:7- Clemency

Magsimula sa umpisa

I looked at him with wide eyes, my walking pace slowed. "I'm serious, they're intimidating people-"

Seonghwa's legs stopped moving, and he turned to me so fast that he almost made me ju He held my face with his free hand, which didn't aid my heart rate. "I don't know you very well, but we're connected in a way I don't understand. I don't need to be your soulmate to know that you're under extreme pressure. Let me be the one protecting you, please."

I felt my chest sink, and the way he peered into me told me he knew how I felt. "Protect me?" Protection felt frivolous to me, almost funny how distant it seemed. The quiet between us swelled. I didn't raise my head when he spoke.

"Is that alright?" Seonghwa replied, and I didn't know what to say. "Y/n?"

"Seonghwa," he perked up when I said his name, "I'm a very scared person, and I've been so scared for a long time. The only thing I've ever done about it was ignore it. Now with the curse that fear is so strong and it's influenceing every part of me. The scariest part is I don't know if this curse made me into a new person or revealed who I truly am. This feels absurd I'm sorry." He immediately denied my stupidity, whispering 'no' to me a few times very delicately. His hands wavered over my shoulders before they touched softly, and I lifted my head.

"It would never be absurd." He sighed as he looked at me, the emotion he displayed could be interpreted as pity or compassion. I humbled myself and knew he was being kind and genuine. "Do you want to go back? Do you have to go?" I found myself calmer, and it was difficult to admit to myself that it was all thanks to him.

"I have to see them sooner or later. I've deterred them for as long as I can." I took in a deep breath, feet already moving at a normal pace. After a moment a glanced at him and I felt a burden tugging at me. I knew what I wanted to say, and my eyebrows knitted. "Thank you for listening, and caring." I smiled and so did he, and he nodded a little.

".. No problem."

"Here we are." I glanced over at Seonghwa before I walked in.

The room was large, filled with light. A chandelier was rooted in the middle of the ceiling, and diamond strands stemmed off to every corner of the room. This mansion as a whole is reserved only for the king's and queen's, who could do whatever they desired with the building. I opened the banquet room to the public, so that they could rent the place from time to time. It didn't cost money to rent. Many charity events took place in there, but sometimes if I wanted to switch it up, I like to choose civilians to celebrate their birthdays here. It's delightful to see the pure excitement and joy on their faces. Good leadership requires details, you have to put your heart and soul into it. From poverty, pollution, and even civil war to birthday parties and donations. My attention and intent applies to all areas big or small. Plus it was fun for me.

Guards lined up against the walls, I could easily find Jongho among the group. He wore a dark purple cape that draped over his left shoulder and down to his leather steel toe boots. The rest of the soldiers wore an assortment of different colors, ranging from blue, yellow, and green, according to their rank. Jongho marched towards me, his armor clanged and his movements were precise, as if every movement was planned out perfectly. He stopped by my side, slightly shorter than me.

"Y/n!" I didn't see him coming. San scooped me up in a hug.

"You look so grown-up." He parted away from my stiff figure, his eyes examined me thoroughly. I grabbed his hands and moved them off my waist. It had been a while since I had seen him, I didn't know how to act. San pouted, I looked behind him. I could see Alyss walking towards us, she wore a fur coat so big it enveloped anything else she was wearing. What an evil, horrible woman she was. No matter what she wore, and no matter what shape her face was or tone her skin was. She'd always have the same inimical heart under her calm demeanor, under her flesh.