2:14- I Like This

2611 words

I stood in the middle of a vast stage, the white corset I wore suddenly felt tighter

I stood in the middle of a vast stage, the white corset I wore suddenly felt tighter. So much harder to breathe, so uncomfortable yet so exhilarating. This situation was one I didn't know I wanted so badly. Before I met him, I didn't feel ready, nor did I even care about this whole process. But now that I was experiencing it, I felt so happy.

It was dead silent, the previously roaring crowd went serious. I couldn't see their many faces because of the white vail that blocked my sight, but I could envision them all bowing their heads down. Just like at Yunho's attachment ceremony.

Shhhh.

I could hear the large curtain part, revealing the man everyone's been dying to see. I heard gasps, claps, whistles, and hushed murmurs.

Click, clack, click, clack.

The noises got closer and closer until I could feel him behind me. Much like the time I kissed him under the tree. The same warmth and same tantalizing scent that sucked my nervousness dry and filled me with adrenaline. "Hello, my serenity."

"Hey, are you nervous?" I whispered, nobody could hear of course.

"Mm, not really. I've danced in front of many people before, it isn't new." Light seeped in as he played with the bottom of the vail, slowly lifting it up.

I chuckled, he paused. "You must like it, don't you?"

"Maybe." His sweet tone laced around my throat, suddenly it was easier to breathe. He lifted the vail, I could feel him tense behind me when the crowd broke out into loud cheering. It all overwhelmed my senses, the sea of people and the joyful screams they made. Millions and millions of people surrounded me, so many beautiful colors and noises. Then out of nowhere, I smiled, so big my cheeks hurt. I bathed and soaked in the moment, taking it all in.

Seonghwa's hands turned my body around, facing his and not my people. My chest swelled, I felt a rugged breath escape my lips when I saw his face. Scenic eyes and soft lips, every droop of an eyelash or the bridge of his nose, the lines and shadows that painted his neck caught my attention. I looked back up into his eyes to see him staring at me quizzically, I simply looked away with a small grin. Behind Seonghwa, I could see all of the royals seated on thrones, watching us intently. Jongho and Hongjoong too, but they were off to the side. I strained to see them closer, I thought I could see Hongjoong crying. I wasn't sure because a second later the music rolled in.

Seonghwa started, his one hand still on my waist while the other one slid down my arm to my hand. Our palms connected, and I was the one to close and intertwine. We had practiced the planned routine around when Seonghwa first told me he'd do the ceremony. With his natural skills and my great memory, we were confident in our ability to remember the steps. They were simple, our feet shuffled in a repetitive loop, the same movements over and over. Yet our arm moved, our hands still stuck together. The song was whimsical and classical, all instruments. I hummed to the melody and glanced at him, eyes to eye.