25

A/N: This one is going to be a little iron man like since I finished 1 and 2. I'm going on a Marvel binge before the new series so expect a lot of my books to be like that.

Jesy's Phone's POV
House group chat

Jadey💜: What the hell is Leigh doing down in the basement at 2 in the morning!

Jesy: She's been working on a project in her lab for weeks now, she's almost done.

Peanut💙: How do you sleep with all that noise?😩

Jesy: Her lab is soundproof. That's just the boys going at it like rabbits minus Mikey of course.

The Son🧡: What's so important that she's working this early in the morning for it?

Jesy: She hasn't let me down there. I guess she wants to surprise me. But she has been putting stuff around the house.

Peanut💙: Whatever it is I hope it's related to the fridge.

Leigh's POV

I keep my eyes trained on the multiple monitors set up around the room as I try to finish my month long project. It had been delayed due to Jesy and I moving into our house but it had a much bigger basement than others we looked into and I knew it would be perfect. I've been testing for weeks and it's finally paying off. Let's just say tests numbers 1-27 were big fails. "Ok. Test 28, voice controlled responsive AI house control. Robo arm two, I want you to record and arm one, I want you to make sure nothing explodes.", I say standing up. With a sigh and look around. "Hey RiRi?", I say looking around. "Yes Leigh-Anne?", the voice of my idol responds.

It had taken me a week and a half just to get the voice program and I almost blew up the lab the first seven times so I'm proud of that. "Turn off lab lights 9-18.", I say. Two rows of lights shut off and the others stay on making me look at the cameras in excitement. "Ok now turn them back on and turn off monitor f.", I say. The requested monitor turns off and I jump up and down in excitement. "Yes yes yes yes! I'm a fucking genius!", I say. "Would you like me to play some celebration music?", RiRi asks. "Maybe later. I still have to set up your upstairs and main floor systems. I'll go and do that now, but look alive.", I answer.

"But I am not alive.", she chuckles. "Figure of speech.", I dismiss walking up the stairs. I look at the tablet I embedded in the wall and start pressing buttons until the familiar code starts to run through it. "RiRi, system status, main floor.", I say. "Twenty-five percent of the house. Not including the second and third floors.", she answers. "Connect to all of the house and appliances. Give me a system status in fifteen minutes.", I say walking away. I make sure the other tablets are in working condition and walk back into the main room. "System status at ninety percent. Estimated finish, four minutes.", she says. "I'm gonna head up to bed now. Set an alarm for my usual time.", I say walking up the stairs. "Good night Leigh-Anne.", the system says. "Good night RiRi.", I reply as I close the door.

I kick off my shoes and take my hair out of the loose ponytail it was in and change into a pair of sleep shorts. "You finally done in the lab?", Jesy asks not turning around. "Yeah. This project is one of my best yet Jes. I can't wait for you to see it.", I answer pecking her cheek. "Did you set anything on fire?", she questions. "Not yet and I'm hoping it stays that way.", I chuckle. "If you blow up my house I'm breaking up with you.", she says. "I know. You say it every time I go in my lab.", I sigh spooning her from behind. "Good that you know.", she chuckles.

Perrie's Phone's POV
House group chat

Jaddy💜💍: Have you figured out what she was working on yet Jesy?

Momma Jes💖: Nope. She seemed really excited though but she had a blank face but that's just her normal face.

Perrie: Is it related to the fridge?