Chapter 4

Derek woke up from the sunlight shining trough the window. He looked beside him and saw Jane was still sleeping. Her arm still on his chest. He smiled because he thought she looked like an angel. She's so beautiful.

Derek looked at the clock on the nightstand and saw it was already 7 o'clock. They had to be at the police station at 8. 'Jane' he whispered while he stroked her head. Jane slowly woke up and looked around. 'Good morning.' Derek said. 'Good morning.' Jane said while she sat up.'I can't believe i slept the entire night without waking up.' 'I'm glad to hear that.' Derek said with a smile. 'Thank you Derek for staying.' 'Anytime. I guess I'll better get to my room and change.' He said while walking to the door. 'Ill see you at the police department.' Jane said.

When Derek left the room Jane went to the bathroom and turned on the shower when someone knocked on the door. 'JJ? What are you doing here? Come in.' She entered and sat down on the bed. 'Was that Derek just walking out of your room?' Jane nodded. 'Did he sleep here?' 'Well yes but ..' 'Seriously Jane!' 'It's not ..' 'You always do this while you're missing them. Just like in High school you can't just sleep with random guys.' 'Get out Jennifer!' Jane yelled. JJ scared from her reaction, in the 25 years she knew Jane she only saw her this angry one time before. 'I'm sorry..' 'just go Jen. Please.'

Jane took a shower and thought about what JJ said. Was she right? She felt so bad about herself right now. But she couldn't cry. She used all her tears when she was young.

'Good morning Jane.' Derek said happy when she entered. She smiled absently but walked straight to the conference room. She sat down and got trough the case again. 'Hi.' Jane looked up and saw Spencer standing in front of her. 'Are you okay?' He asked when he saw Jane's pale face. She nodded. 'Did somebody recognize him?' 'No, i'm still searching for a connection between the women. They must have seen each other somewhere. 'I'll help you with that.'

JJ entered the room. 'Jane?' she said quietly. 'Can we talk?' Spencer cleared his throat, 'I'm going to get some water.' JJ sat down next to Jane. 'I'm so sorry for what I said.' Jane looked at her. 'It isn't true you know. I might have had a lot of boyfriends in high school but ithere was only Tom. I haven't had a real relationship ever since he died.' JJ took her hand. 'I know, I just don't want you to get hurt or anything. Derek is a ladies man.' 'Nothing happened Jen. You know me better than anyone. I'm not like that.' JJ smiled 'No you're not. So we're ok again?' 'We always were .' Jane said. 'Just don't ever say it again.' 'Promise.'

A few hours later the police station got a call. There was another woman missing. 'He's a day to early!' Reid said. 'He must have thought we were getting close after we spread the picture.' Jane said. 'Where did he take her?' 'On the parking of Rick's dinner. A few miles from here.'Hotch answered. 'She went missing a few minutes after the news. Is there a television in that dinner?' she asked. The sheriff nodded. 'Than he must have seen it there. Reid look at the other women.' 'They all ate there.' 'That's our connection.'

Hotch and Morgan went to the diner. They had a name. Garcia gave them the address. The entire team was on their way to the unsub's house.

Morgan and Watson where the first to arrive. A few seconds Reid and Morgan did too.

They entered the house but saw nobody. Jane heard a noise coming from the basement. She kicked in the door and there he was. The woman looked tired. 'Hands up!' Jane yelled. The unsub smiled at her. 'Make me.' He said and he pulled out a gun. Derek shot him in his shoulder. Jane runned towards the woman. 'Hi Erica, I'm Jane and I'm with the FBI let's get you out of here.' she said while untying the woman's wrists.

The ambulance left. 'She'll be fine.' Emily said to Jane when they watched the ambulance leave. 'As much as possible.' Jane said.

JJ and Derek were sitting on the porch of the unsub's house while forensics searched for more evidence inside. She noticed him staring at Jane. 'She's really damaged Derek. Don't ever hurt her. You don't know what I'll do to you if you do.' she said. 'I would never do that JJ. She's amazing.' 'Yes she is. She always was.'

Jane was looking at the house. It looked so normal. Nobody could have ever thought that such awful tings happened here. ' You did really great Jane.' Hotch said. 'Thank you Aaron.' He smiled 'So are you staying on the team?' Jane took a deep breath looked at the other members of the team. They were all smiling or talking to each other and she nodded. 'Yes, I would love to stay.' Aaron hugged her and by the look of the others that wasn't something he did much. 'Then welcome on the team SSA Watson.'