Chapter 19- Christmas

George woke up cold in his bed, he rolled over, wrapping his blankets back around him. It was about 3 days after Christmas and the school was still on winter break.

After the whole situation, George ended up spending a couple days at Dream's fully recovering and spending time together. Dream also ended up asking George to be his boyfriend, but this time George did respond with a yes.

Dream left a couple days into the break with his family, going to some expensive resort for the Holiday. But that didn't stop them constantly talking on the phone and texting.

George laid comfortable in his bed, knowing his mom was having a much needed day off and hopefully sleeping.

Unannounced, George's phone rang from the nightstand, shaking the wood before George grabbed it.

"Hello?" George said into the phone without checking who was calling.

"Hey." Dream said happily, making George smile.

"Hi." George rolled to his side, smiling at the familiar voice.

"Did I wake you up?" Dream asked.

"No, I haven't been up for long though." George replied, keeping his eyes shut and soaking in the conversation.

"Ok good."

"How's the trip?" George asked, hearing a sigh from Dream.

"Meh, I'm excited to be home." Dream told him honestly.

"Why's that?"

"Family. But I also miss you." Dream said, George couldn't help but smile at the feeling in his chest.

"I miss you too. When do you come back?" George asked, opening his eyes and rolling on his side.

"Tomorrow. And my parents are doing some work stuff so they won't be home. Meaning you're coming over." Dream slightly chuckled to himself.

"Try stopping me." George boldly said, loving the feeling he gets whenever he talks to Dream.

"How was Christmas?" Dream asked.

"Fine." George responded vaguely.

"What did you get?" Dream asked the one question George didn't want to answer.

"The usual, some socks and shirts." George told him. "What about you?"

"A TV for my room, finally," Dream started, already making George feel shitty. "Some graphics stuff for my laptop and my mom got me pens and notebooks and stuff."

"Nice." George responded, playing with his fingers and looking at the ceiling.

"I got you something too." Dream tells him in a cheeky tone.

"O-oh really." George sat up quickly. He didn't think he needed to get a present for Dream, but now he feels like an idiot for not getting his boyfriend a Christmas present.

"Yeah."

"Good because I got you one too." George lies while getting out of bed.

"I'm excited." Dream said, his smile audible through the phone.

"I am too." George says while quickly trying to find his shoes.

"I better go, we're starting to pack since we're flying out tonight." Dream says, making a little bit of relief flood through George.

"Ok. I can't wait to see you." George says, while heading out of his bedroom.

"I can't wait to see you too." Dream says as George walked out of his room to see his mom sitting at their kitchen table. "I love you." Dream spoke, making George stop in his tracks and smile.