Chapter 2: His Heart-to-Heart

2045 words, 10 minutes

They were not in a clearing at the moment, so when Gojo hopped backwards, he almost hit the back of his head against a tree. How clumsy.

"You sure you wanna fight here and destroy all these beautiful trees?" called Gojo, his stance relaxed as he placed his left hand in his pocket.

His opponent flashed him a sinister smile, his right eye squinting slightly. "You want a clearing?" Right after asking that, he flexed his short yet deadly black claws, veins protruding.

Before lunging towards Gojo, he ripped apart the white T-shirt Itadori had been wearing at the store, rendering himself topless and proudly showing off the black markings that never otherwise showed on Itadori's body and face.

The markings that signified Sukuna was in control of him.

Flicking the shreds off his hands, Sukuna charged at Gojo with speed that would overwhelm a regular human.

"I'll give you a clearing!" he proclaimed loudly as he tried to slash Gojo's face but met tree bark instead.

The impact destroyed the tree completely, a jagged stump the final result.

"No need to create one when there's one just up north," pointed out Gojo, swiftly dodging Sukuna's scarily accurate aims.

"Then take me there." A menacing smirk stretched his lips.

Gojo smiled cheekily. "Alright. Catch me if you can."

With that said, Gojo vanished into thin air. Sukuna had to admit, his speed was formidable, but what about his strength? He's heard stuff, and he truly couldn't wait to find out for himself.

Using heightened senses to locate Gojo's source of cursed energy, Sukuna sprinted north. He found Gojo standing by a grassy clearing, just at the edge of a naturally large pool of water.

The jujutsu sorcerer sensed Sukuna's immense cursed energy and turned around. "Oh, there you are. Was wondering when you'd get here," he joked.

Sukuna smirked and got ready to charge. "Didn't know you wanted to go for a swim."

At that, he dashed and straightened his right arm to try hitting Gojo in the jaw with an open-handed strike, but Gojo quickly sidestepped and held a leg out to trip Sukuna.

Sukuna was surprised he fell for such a simple trick; it was written all over his face. His limbs were splayed out as he crashed into the water.

Gojo stared down, hands in his uniform's pockets. "I'm not the one who's going swimming!" he yelled.

Sukuna surfaced, using his muscular arms and legs to tread. "You're really that confident?!" he yelled back.