Chapter 1: Dash Out

643 words, 4 minutes

"Yuuji!" called Gojo, cupping his hands over his mouth for what he hoped would garner a louder effect.

"Aw, c'mon, I know I saw him run this way," he muttered poutily, treading through the forest in hopes of finding his student.

What transpired moments ago was still stuck in his mind...

FLASHBACK

"Wow, this is delicious!" exclaimed Itadori. After a hard day of training at the Tokyo Metropolitan Curse Technical College, Gojo treated his students—Kugisaki, Fushiguro and Itadori—to  dango.

"I know, right?! I love it!" chimed in Kugisaki. It was evident that she and Itadori got along especially well when they agreed on something.

If it was food, they temporarily became best friends.

But all of a sudden, Itadori brought his hand to his head, covering his left eye. "Gojo-sensei, I don't feel too good..."

Gojo looked up while munching his  dango. "Why, you don't like the food? Do you feel like throwing up?"

He asked this while they sat close to the counter, where the chefs could hear them.

Itadori stared at his teacher in disbelief. "What?! No! My head hurts, not my stomach!"

"Do you have a headache?" Kugisaki asked with her mouth full.

Itadori couldn't even answer and found the pain unbearable. It was a pain he felt would tear the whole place down if left ignored, but he didn't voice this.

He just violently pushed his chair back and ran out the door, earning a few troubled looks.

"YUUJI!" shouted Gojo, instantly handing his  dango to Fushiguro. "Hold this, I'm gonna bring him back."

Fushiguro immediately stood up, his spiky black hair flowing down and then bouncing back up with the abrupt movement. "I'll come with you!"

Kugisaki was tense the whole time, equally worried about Itadori but also enjoying her  dango. It left her torn.

"Nah, don't worry about it. You and Kugisaki stay here." Before Fushiguro could insist again, Gojo disappeared and reappeared outside the café at teleport speed, gazing where Itadori took off and sprinting after him.

END OF FLASHBACK

Itadori Yuuji.

A charismatic, sweet, energetic teenage boy with a heart of gold that was currently possessed by the most powerful curse out there.

Possessed by none other than Sukuna, otherwise known as the "King of Curses".

Of all the people he could've possessed, it had to be Yuuji, Gojo thought to himself. He then scoffed and smirked at the thought.

It was truly mythical and fascinating to witness 2 opposites inhabit and utilize the same body. There was something spiritual about it, he was sure.

But the deranged, psychotic side of that body had to be kept in check, especially since Itadori's training rendered him stronger but was also connected to Sukuna's strength somehow. It was as if Sukuna leeched off of Itadori's newfound developed strength simply because he inhabited his body.

All the more reason to keep him in check.

Actions have consequences, but a lack of action also has consequences, too.

Gojo kept running through the woods, swiftly hopping over fallen branches and gnarly tree roots, somehow detecting them despite wearing a black blindfold over his eyes.

His wild white hair whipped in the breeze he created with his body's momentum, and he stopped to look right and left, trying to detect any cursed energy.

It was finally getting stronger, he could feel it.

"Hmph. Gotcha," he drawled playfully, his tone quiet.

But he didn't need to have raised it, for his target had heard him loud and clear.

A rapidly swinging fist appeared on Gojo's left side, and he immediately used the palm of his right hand to catch it like a baseball pitcher catching a line drive.

All was quiet and still for a mere second.

"I think it's too early to determine that," a deep voice emanated close to his ear as the fist Gojo caught retracted explosively.

"Don't you?"

____________________________________________________________

A/N:

I love Gojo so much, he's just so cool.

I also missed writing so much smh, I used to write a bunch and then stopped because I got so many assignments from school.

Screw school, honestly.

—Kaio