Natural Born Killer: Final Part

Start from the beginning

"Let's just hope they can catch him," you sigh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vincent Perotta has been brought in, but not after trying to attack Hotch. He's going to be okay, but that just makes him even more guilty. The van he's been driving all over town has also been brought in with his personal belongings bagged up and ready for processing. However, you need to get a look at them to see if you can't figure out where he's been hiding and if James is still alive or not.

"This was all in his van?" Spencer asks as he takes out some stuff to look at.

"Yep. The guy wasn't exactly neat," Derek answers.

"Classic antisocial personality. What are these tapes?" you ask and take out several VHS tapes without labels.

"I don't know. Why don't you and Garcia go take a look, let us know alright?"

"Yeah. Movie night. I'll make popcorn," she jokes as you gather every single tape that's in the boxes.

"Come on," you whisper to Spencer.

Both you and he follow Penelope into her office so you three can watch the tapes without any distractions. You don't know what exactly is on them, but you know it's not good news.

"10 bucks says this involves naked coeds and a plumber," Penelope jokes.

"What?" Spencer furrows his eyebrows.

"Rats," you blurt out.

You have no idea where that came from, but you have a feeling that these tapes have a lot more to do with rodents than what she's thinking.

"Excuse me?"

"I have a feeling," you shrug.

Penelope puts one of the tapes in, and your mouth just drops in shock. How could you have known what was going to be on the tapes? Vincent has been torturing his victims with rats as they try to eat their way out. You've heard of his technique before. Rats are placed on a victim's abdomen, and then a clear box with a heated light is placed over them. The light bothers the rats, so they try to chew their way out to escape.

"Remind me to gamble with you," Penelope gasps.

"I'll be back," Spencer says and quickly leaves the room.

You get up and hold the door open to watch as he addresses the other agents in the room.

"Guys, there's a chance agent Baker's being tortured, and I think I know how," Spencer informs.

"It's not pretty," you add.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This guy is going to die soon if we don't figure out where he is," you sigh.

Penelope managed to get the faces of all the victims on the tapes to give to JJ so she can coordinate with local PDs to see if there are any missing people or unsolved homicides that fit the descriptions of the people on the tapes. So far, nothing has come up.

"What are we gonna do?" Josh Cramer asks.

"Well, we looked at all the stuff in the van, and beside the videotapes, there's nothing that interesting."

"I got Garcia going over the sound on the tapes to try and isolate the background noise. Maybe something there will help."

"The good news is it seems like they were all filmed in the same space. It could be some sort of home base for him," Spencer says.