XII. Feelings||Pakkun returns

Start from the beginning

"Orinai, how are you feeling?" Sasuke asked me, walking backwards.

I looked at his face and I noticed there was no sign of sarcasm. I arched one eyebrow.

"What? You're not going to make fun of me?" I smiled at him.

"Since this mission is worse than I've expected, no!" he winked at me. I rose both my eyebrows. "Seriously, how's your wound?"

"It's okay!" I shrugged. "It's inching."

"Amazing!" Naruto said from behind. "It's healing fast!"

"Good." Sasuke nodded and turned around. "Kakashi, we should stop here, somewhere. Not to sleep, to rest. I don't know if you noticed, but Naruto's stomach is growling!"

Naruto touched the back of his neck and a quick blush formed over his cheeks. "It's... It's not that bad! I can resist!"

"Hm..." Kakashi looked up.

My heart filled with a weird sentiment; it made my heart flutter. Was it happiness? He was usually using that hmm when he was feeling okay. Maybe he went back to normal. I hoped so - it was all I wanted to see that moment. Him, happy and calm. Was he truly okay? My arms tensed, as I was trying to get my thoughts together. I could ask him...

"I could eat, to be honest. All right. Let's look for somewhere to stop." Kakashi told us, watching the surroundings.

He smiled.

"Look - there!" Sakura said, pointing at a small spot between three trees. It was really sunny there.

"And it's close to this path, let's go there!" Naruto grinned at Kakashi, who had stopped, his hands in his pockets. He was analyzing the place. "Kakashi-sensei! It's all right?"

"Well, I guess we can stop anywhere..." Kakashi shrugged, walking towards that spot. "As long as I can see clearly through the trees, it's perfect."

"Neat!" Naruto announced, sitting on the grass, close to one tree. "Who wants carrots?"

"Naruto, lower your voice!" Sasuke rolled his eyes.

We all sat together. Kakashi was eating an apple, his mask off. Sakura was sharping her weapons while chewing a piece of carrot, while Sasuke and Naruto were leaned on the grass, watching the sky through the tall trees. It was beautiful.

I watched Kakashi, but without him noticing it. His expression was back to normal. I looked at his entire face - it was really, really beautiful. His black eyes seemed deep as the sea, and he was peaceful as he was reading from that book. I loved that I could see him relaxed.

I felt somehow... myself? I didn't know how to explain it. Just seeing him okay was enough to make me happy. And I loved it. I hated that I couldn't tell him. My heart pounded and my cheeks started burning. Fuck! Stop. Stop blushing.

"Um..." Sakura said suddenly. "Ori, can you walk with me?"

I lifted my head, because she was already standing. "Why?" I asked.

"I need to show you something. Like, um... now." Sakura offered me a closed-eye smile.

Kakashi looked at her. Sasuke seemed intrigued, as well. Kakashi was staring at me.

"What? What is it?" Naruto said, curiously.

"It's not... it's a girl thing, Naruto. None of your business! Ori, come on!" she insisted, pulling me up. I stumbled after her, shrugging at Naruto and Sasuke.

"Don't go too far!" Kakashi told us, barely rising his eyes from his book.

"Of course, Sensei!" Sakura smiled at him, pulling me after her.