Chapter 35: Hi, I'm Jalisa - Pt. II

Sommer POV

My head hurts. After Alex had me to meet Jalisa, we talked and got alot of information in, in 5 minutes. I learned that her and Tiara's moms are best friends, so they grew up together in Dade county and both their families moved down here three months ago. As a result, she has known Rico for a fair amount of time as well, actually longer than Dani. She told me about the whole living room incident, I didn't think anymore of it though.

When we got on the subject of Dani I tried to tiptoe around it by just nodding and not necessarily agreeing with her. Daniella's my brother's girlfriend and I don't want anything to happen where she gets made and Immanuel has to choose sides because that's not fair to him. She mentioned how her and Dani fought like a year and a half ago, it was a tie. But even before that, Dani just disrespected her and never gave her the time of day.

Jalisa and I are a lot alike, one thing I noticed about her that we both do is that she is a HUGE liar. I don't think she can help it though. This girl is pretty cool and I like her style and her attitude. I don't want her to start out here fighting like I did, so I'm going to take her under my wing and try to prevent any future drama with her, Dani, and/or Adrianna.

I EVEN found some time to talk to Simone. She's doing good I guess. She is trying to stay under the radar, and by that I mean away from Dani, Immanuel and Marques. I understand where she's coming from though. I wish there was something I could do to help.

But like I said, my head hurts so I left out of class as soon as the lunch bell rang. I got what I needed and when Jalisa came down the hallway, I grabbed her arm and dragged her into the empty cafe'. I sat her down next to me and started talking.

"You need to get your story straight before everybody comes in here, ok?" She nodded. "And does Sommer have anything to do with it?" I asked her slowly. She smiled and shook her head. "Good girl. Oh yeah and I don't know if I mentioned it, but all the guys are off limits, especially Marques."

She put her hands up in surrender. "I didn't even go there." She kept smiling. That's how I know she's harmless because you can look at her smile and see how kind-hearted someone is. Then again, most of the time when I smile it's to mask some sort of pain so...nevermind.

"Awwh look, Somi made a new friend." My stupid boyfriend said. I flipped him off.

"Brother, where's your girl?" I ask.

"Her and Rico have lunch detention."

I rolled my eyes. "Ok then can you sit next to me today?" I ask him. He rolled his eyes and sat in the chair next to me. We do that too much.

"Brother?" Jalisa whispered in my ear.

"You didn't know? Ok, so Immanuel is my brother and Dani's boyfriend. Deandre is Charisma's older brother and Rayne's boyfriend. It's not that hard to remember, I've only been here for a week and I got it down pat." I told her, nudging her. "I'll be right back." I have to pee.

Jalisa POV (I know y'all been waiting)

Sommer left me over here by myself with these people that probably hate me.

"You okay?" Marques asked me.

"Yeah, I'm good."

"You sure cause you was just staring into space looking pissed as hell. Somi does that alot too." Immanuel added.

"You guys are nice, especially you Immanuel being the fact that your girlfriend hates me."

"Between us guys, we don't discriminate based on our girlfriends preferences. If we think you cool, you cool." said Marques.