Blind Man's Bluff

*Nelson and Murdock Law Firm*

*Hell's Kitchen*

Matt Murdock was listening to a news report on the old radio they kept in the nook of their office.

The radio host was raving about a... Spider-Man? Matt had heard a lot of people talking about him the past week.

He turned up the volume of the device, feeling like he was hallucinating.

"...and let me tell you, Joe, this guy's something else. He's just swinging around Queens, webbing up criminals. Have you ever seen anything like it?"

"Patsy, you know that there are new costumed people popping up around the city everyday. New York City was invaded by a literal god with an alien army."

"Joe, don't you see? People like the Avengers fight the big baddies and save people in the process. But the collateral damage from their battles ends up causing damage to city, and they aren't doing enough to clean up."

"Wasn't Stark the one who created that giant murder-bot that attacked Sokovia?"

"Exactly. Spider-Man could be someone representing us, the common people, the working class. He's stopping ordinary criminals, rapists, and thieves. And the best thing is that his main focus is on saving people, rather than beating up the bad guy."

"Hmmm, sounds too good to be true."

"Last week, he literally stopped to help a cat out of a tree, and an old lady to cross the street."

"Okay, that's surprisingly...wow."

Matt turned off the radio when Foggy strolled inside, whistling. Due to the ruffling noises, he could tell that his partner was holding a bag of what smelled like doughnuts.

The redhead made playful grabby hands.

Foggy chuckled as he handed his friend the sweet concoction. He took a bite, the sweetness overflooding his amplified senses.

However, Matt noticed that the other man's heartbeat was skipping excitedly, like he was about to share a very important piece of information, yet was waiting for him to ask something so it would sound more dramatic.

Sighing, he set his doughnut down. "Okay. You've been quiet since you got in here. What happened?"

Foggy's heartbeat spiked.

Attempting to maintain his composure, the blonde placed both his hands on Matt's shoulders. "I met Spider-Man!" he whisper-shouted excitedly.

The blind man took a moment to process what had just been said. "WHAT."

Foggy nodded. "So basically, I was got some doughnuts from that place near Idlewild Books. This guy was trying to rob an old woman, and Spider-Man just swung in and shot a web, and it was AWESOME. Right, so as he was doing that, he accidentally knocked into me. And get this: Spider-Man bought two doughnuts to make up for it!"

Matt set the aforementioned food down, and stared in its direction.

"This guy randomly bought you food?" he asked, a little suspiciously.

The other man sighed. "You're so paranoid. Appreciate the finer things."

Considering the fact that I'm secretly a vigilante at night with a lot of enemies, it's kind of a given that I'm paranoid.

Matt just nodded. It wouldn't hurt to make a little detour to Queens tonight, would it?

*On a rooftop on Queens*