Back to School

"PETER BENJAMIN PARKER!"

Peter groaned loudly into his pillow as his alarm clock started beeping incessantly.

Peter slammed the snooze button on his alarm clock and buried his face in his pillow. Almost instantly, his blanket was ripped off of him, and the light shining through his window assaulted his eyes.

Above him stood his amused looking Uncle Ben. "Rise and shine Pete! Today's the first day of school, remember?"

"Uncle Ben, can't I have five more minutes?" he pleaded.

Rolling his eyes, Ben responded with a resolute no. "Today's your first day of high school, Pete! You gotta make a good impression, by not being late!"

He shook his head and pointed at the bedroom door.

Sighing, our teenage protagonist rolled out of bed, slipped on his glasses and started getting ready for school. After throwing on a sweatshirt and attempting to comb back his hair, he headed to the kitchen. While picking out a bunch of Star Wars themed cereal, Peter heard his Aunt May talking with someone on the phone. "Really, that's great! I'll ask him right now."

Aunt May stuck her head inside the kitchen. "Peter, Harry wants to know if he should pick you up on the way to school."

Peter nodded happily. Harry Osborn, aka the school's resident hot rich guy had been his best friend since Grade 3.

*flashback*

Peter was being pushed around by some mean looking kids.

A boy with blond hair glared at him. "Hand over your lunch money, Parker."

"But--"

Eugene "Flash" Thompson and his friends circled Peter, like vultures.

"Hey! Leave him alone!"

A boy with brown hair stomped up to them, and glared at Flash.

Flash gulped nervously. It was no secret that Harry's dad, Norman Osborn, was the billionaire CEO of Oscorp.

The bullies quickly ran off.

Harry extended an arm to Peter and helped him up. "Hi, I'm Harry," he said with a friendly smile.

"I'm Peter. Thank you for helping me."

"It's cool. Hey, do you wanna help me build a castle in the sandpit?"

"Okay!"

*End of flashback*

Peter smiled fondly. Ever since that day, the two had become best friends. It had benefits as well. Peter helped Harry with his studies, and Harry was there when he was getting harassed by Flash and his friends.

Suddenly, he heard a car pull up outside his house. Harry stuck his head out and yelled, "Peter, Mary Jane, hurry up or we'll be late!"

Peter nearly choked on his food, because he was shovelling it down so fast.

"Mmf mmfng hrry!" he explained, while gulping down a glass of water in 5 seconds straight.

Aunt May and Uncle Ben stared at him as if he'd grown a second head.

"I'm coming Harry!" Peter repeated, with greater clarity, while grabbing his phone off the table.

"Ahem." May cleared her throat and raised her eyebrow at him, holding out his lunch. Rolling his eyes, he stowed the lunch in his backpack before yelling "Love you Aunt May! Love you Ben!" and proceeding to run out the door.

"Talk about your absent minded teenager," she chuckled, before heading back into the living room.

A pretty redhead ran out of the house next door, hot on Peter's heels. Quickly, they both climbed into Harry's car.

Peter gave her a hug. "Can't believe we're finally in high school, MJ."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Pete, you're probably going to win every scholarship and award there is, along with being nominated for valedictorian."

MJ playfully smacked the back of Harry's head. "We're in Grade 9, moron. Being a valedictorian, is like, 4 years away."

Harry pouted, then brightened up.

"Well, MJ, you're probably going to be able to convince the entire school to take part in weird causes. And film it along the way."

It was no secret that MJ was an aspiring journalist.

The three had bonded in Grade 5, over a game of basketball.

*flashback*

"Oof." Peter fell to the ground, after failing to catch a basketball thrown at him by Flash.

Harry helped him up and glared at said bully.

Flash just glared back at him. Thompson Tech, (run by his father Harrison Thompson) had evolved into a company rivaling Oscorp, which meant that Flash was no longer intimidated by Harry's wealth.

Suddenly, a girl with vibrant red hair stalked over to them and grabbed the basketball.

Bouncing it a few times, she spun it on her finger. "Pick on someone your own skill," she challenged.

Flash laughed. "As if I'd go up against a girl."

"Well guess what? This girl happens to be a yellow belt in Taekwondo. If you really think you can beat me, I dare you to try."

Flash lunged for the ball, but the girl just avoided him.

Harry and Peter watched in fascination as she dunked the ball into the net, and landed in a victorious pose.

Flash's gang chuckled at the fact that he'd been upstaged so easily. Not being able to much else, he walked away, sulking.

The redhead stuck her hand out. "Mary Jane Watson. Call me MJ."

Peter and Harry introduced themselves with grins.

It was that day that the three formed a friendship that others referred to as "The Three Musketeers."

*end of flashback*

The car stopped in front of the school. Harry's chauffeur unlocked the doors for them to climb out.

"Bye Bernie!" they yelled, waving to said driver.

Peter looked up in awe at the archway leading up to the building.

MIDTOWN SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

"Midtown, here I come," said Peter, as he walked into the school, his two best friends by his side.