Chapter 27: Synchro Chips and Resolutions

Start from the beginning

Dusk sighed as he shook his head.

"I'm sorry, but I have a job. I have to kill Lan and MegaMan. I was already paid to do that. I will carry out my mission and get the money I need" Dusk answered simply.

"Yes, yes. You need the money to rebuild your family's shrine, but you also know what else this means right? Being a holder of a crest means you will have to save the world. Saving the world. If the world is destroyed, will you be able to restore your family's shrine?"

Dusk gasped as his eyes were wide at that statement. How could something like this happen?

"I just thought you would like to know is all" Dr. Wily said, "After you roughed my daughter and picked another fight with a Crest Holder, you should be lucky they have deleted your Navi and tried to get rid of you"

Dusk shook his head while ShadowMan remained calm at the news. Dr. Wily finished his beer and tossed the bottle into the trash can. He stood up and headed to the door.

"Well, that is all I wanted to share with you" he said simply, "But if you need my help, please don't hesitate to ask. After all, you will have a huge and supportive team to help you out, if you decide to take their hands"

Dr. Wily then left Dusk alone to pondered this with his Navi for the night.

"Ow... What happened to me?" Yuri asked in a groan as she awoke in the hospital and saw Lan and MegaMan sitting at her side.

"Ah! You're awake!" Lan said in relief, "I came to visit you as much as I could after you saved MegaMan and me!"

Yuri just grinned at him, but she also noticed a little sad expression on his face.

"Did something else happen?" she asked him gently.

Lan informed her of everything that has happened to them. Yuri was shocked to learn that Raika had perished during the fight along with them learning about the other Crest Holders.

"Ah! Lan! There you are!" Miss Mari exclaimed as she rushed into the hospital room, "Your father just called me to come and get you. Your dad wants you to meet with someone"

Yuri and Mari starred at each other for a moment. It was an odd, yet calming moment for the two of them.

"Have we met before?" Mari asked curiously as Yuri shook her head.

"No, we haven't" Yuri said gently, "If you don't mind, I would like to go with you, Lan. I would like to talk to your dad as well"

"Uh, sure thing" Lan said confused as they waited for a moment.

Mari was able to get Yuri discharged, and they made their way to SciLab. Waiting for them at the lab besides the doctor, there was a young man and Luka's family!

"Nice to see you again, Lan" Luka greeted warmly as her son hide behind her.

"Nice to see you again as well, Miss Luka" Lan answered gently.

Yuri looked at the young, pink haired woman before her.

"So, do you know what my papa is up too?" Lan asked curiously.

"He was just checking to make sure I am doing well, but he also has another idea too" Luka informed him.

She pointed to the glass window as the young man was standing there with his PET in hand and a Synchro Chip too.

"Oh! Is he a Crest Holder? He's about to perform Cross Fusion" Lan asked excitedly.

"Yes. He wants to test if a normal human without a crest can perform Cross Fusion. This is Mr. Misaki. He's working with PrismMan to see if this is possible" Luka informed him as she crossed her arms over her chest.