I looked down at Nagisa who's head was resting in my lap. He gave a small wave to Nakamura as she walked out the door.

3rd Person POV (35 min later)

     In Nakamura's dark room, blinds closed, lights off, Nakamura lays, curled up half way into a ball, her hair resting in a way that cast a shadow over the top half of her face, hiding her eyes, and the tears that fall down from them.

     "It isn't fair." She whispers.

POV: Nagisa

     We were still laying in the same mildly uncomfortable but somehow also the most comfortable I've ever felt-position, and...

     "I think he fell asleep." I said in a half whisper half speaking voice sort of way.

     "Who did?"

     "Ah! Karma, I thought your were asleep, normally you'd be bored by now and start reading some of that manga or something."

     "What's boring, are you bored? We can stop if you're bored."

     "Huh? No!" I said for some reason in a very panicked voice.

     "Oh, okay." He scooted down so he was at my eyelevel, then he grabbed the back of my head, resting his arm on my shoulder, "Should we kiss?"

     Not "We should kiss", this time he said "Should we kiss".

     Is that supposed to mean something? Maybe I'm reading into it too much.

     We should kiss: He's telling me, in that situation he was kidding, he was stating something which leaves the most room for humor.

     Should we kiss: He's asking me, as a question it's a lot more consensual, it would make a lot more sense to say in a non-joking manner.

     Maybe I should take a chance, if he did mean it as a joke, I could always play it off as one after the kiss, I'll try kissing him, and if he says it was a joke, I'll play it off like I was joking and knew that all along, that's it, I was teasing him!

     I leaned in closer and gently pressed my lips together with his. He pressed back harder. I started feeling looser, my lips loosened up and his tongue, seemingly accidentally, slipped into my mouth.

     Oh shit, we're in a hospital.

     I started to pull away and Karma loosened his grip on my shoulders.

     "What's up?" Karma said softly.

     "I'm sorry, I just feel nervous since we're, well, in a hospital bed, I'm just scared that the nurse will come in or something."

     "That's fine." He said giving me a small hug, then slowly lifting himself up to sit upright again.

     I rushed up to his side to give him some assistance.