He walks into the bathroom, trying to appear un-irritated as he grabs his toothbrush from above her head.

She silently passes him the toothpaste tube, continuing to brush her teeth.

Once he starts brushing, she spits her toothpaste out, grabbing the bottle of mouthwash beside the sink.

He raises an eyebrow as she chugs some, making a ridiculous gurgling noise that makes a laugh rise up in his chest.

He can't keep it in and bursts out laughing, spluttering toothpaste all over the mirror.

She stares at him in mild disgust, spitting the mouthwash out.

"You filthy piglet," she remarks, putting her toothbrush beside the sink.

"You make me laugh," he grins, grabbing a tissue and wiping the toothpaste off the mirror.

"No, you need to clean the whole mirror now, not just the toothpaste marks," she complains, and he chuckles to himself, continuing to brush his teeth as he passes her the bottle of glass cleaner.

Conrad grudgingly sprays it onto a rag from the radiator and wipes down the mirror.

Unable to reach the top of the mirror, even on her tippy toes, she scowls at the roof.

Carlos laughs silently, lifting her up like a bottle. She shrieks as she's suddenly in the air, trying to wiggle out of his hold and back onto the ground.

"You can reach now," he mutters around his toothbrush, and she groans aloud, reaching up and doing the two inches of the mirror she missed.

"Are you happy now?" She sighs, and he raises an eyebrow, putting her back on the ground gently, not letting go until he's sure that she's stable on her feet.

"You didn't have to do that; I would have done it before we went to sleep," he shrugs, and she stares at him.

"We? Both of us can't sleep; one of us needs to stay awake," she remarks, trying to keep her irritation reigned in.

She's stressed out; having her charge almost killed tends to cause stress, as does an unexpected sleepover. She's not one for spontaneity; she likes plans and organisation. The change in her night has made her anxious and uneasy, and that usually comes out a little mean, no matter what she does to try to stop it.

"Okay, I'll take the first shift. I'm wide awake," he offers, and she nods hesitantly.

"Are you sure? I'm supposed to be protecting you," she warily responds.

"Sweetheart, I'm a High Alpha. I can protect everyone in this neighbourhood without breaking a sweat," he snorts, and she rolls her eyes.

"You know what, I was concerned until you were cocky," she shrugs, walking out of the bathroom and jumping onto the bed, the silky sheets running through her fingers.

"Hey, don't walk away; I was totally kidding," he quickly calls, putting his toothbrush down and walking into the bedroom.

He spots her snuggling into the bed, sitting up and staring at the blank screen of the television.

"I really appreciate you protecting me. I know that if you weren't here, I'd probably be very hurt at the moment," he says sincerely, lifting her chin with his forefinger to try to look her into the eyes as he crouches down by the bed.

"I know that. I wouldn't like it if you were dead; I've gotten used to you and can't work for anyone else," she rolls her eyes, a smile tugging at her lips.

"Okay, fine, I'll accept that. What movie do you want to watch?" He asks, hopping over her onto the bed.

"I don't mind; what do you want to watch?" She counters.