8

"HARPER YOULL NEVER GUESS WHAT JAKE DID" Amy yelled as she walked into the precinct making her way over to Harper's desk

"What did he do this time" Harper asked intrigued wondering what 'the fool' had done this time.

"Okay so I was out on a date with this guy I didn't really like him but that's not the point" she started

"Right"

"And here I get a phone call from Jake"

"You didn't" Harper fake gasped.

"Shut it, and anyways he starts describing the guy I'm with right down to the colour of his shirt and the way he eats lettuce"

"The way he eats lettuce?" Harper couldn't help but let out a small giggle.

Amy ignored her. "And he started by saying that they found a lead on the nightingale strangler so I'm thinking uh oh but then here's the worst part Jake comes over to my table and get this claims he's my boss"

"So is the worst part that he came over to the table or that he claimed to be your boss? Or both?" Harper was genuinely confused as she knew it could be either option. There's something about Jake that just aggravates Amy majority of the time.

"Obviously that he said he was my boss, in what world would Jake be my boss he's so infuriating he won't even wear correct uniform but uh no he gets to tell people he's my boss. Worst of all the guy believed it so I had to spend the rest of the night telling him that Jake peralta isn't my boss and it drove him insane he walked away. Hey but at least jakes date walked out on him too"

"Wait Jake was on a date?" Harper tried to her hardest to make it seem like she didn't care that he was was on a date but she failed miserably.

"Oh so that's the part you care about" Amy gave her a knowing look.

"What? No! Of course not, like you said jakes infuriating I just wondered if he got a date specifically to mess with you or if he was already on one" For being a detective she was horrible at lying.

"But why would it matter? Come on just admit that you like him it's obvious everyone can see it"

"Briefing room now" Holt ordered.

'Saved by the bell' Harper thought. Amy gave her a look that she recognised it was the 'I'm not done with you' look.

Harper walked into the briefing room and sat down that's when she saw Jake walk into the room and make his way straight to the board.