Chapter Twenty-Nine - Teacher Troubles

Start from the beginning

"How does this look?" Harry asked.

Luna turned to look up at Harry, the green eyed boy conjuring up a mirror for her to look in. Luna tilted her head a bit to see the intricate braid Harry had put her hair into.

"I love it!" Luna beamed.

Harry smiled, "I'm glad you do."

"Where'd you learn to braid like this?" Luna asked, running her fingers over the weaved hair.

"Ginny always complained about never being able to see the back of her head whenever she did her hair so she recruited me and started teaching me how to do hair. I was beyond horrid at first, but I had to make it seem like I cared so I practiced." Harry told her, making the mirror disappear with a wave of his hand.

"Oh- I never meant to bring back bad memories..."

Harry hopped down off of the ledge he'd been sitting on and joined Luna on the grass, wrapping an arm around her, "Don't worry little moon, I'm happy to be doing this with someone I actually care about."

Luna smiled and hugged Harry, "It really is amazing."

A laughed escaped Harry and patted Luna on the top of her head, "Brilliant."

. . . . . . .

"Is it just me or is there something off about Professor Vanidestine?"

Everyone looked up at Hermione, they were all currently in the library, working on homework.

"What do you mean?" Luna asked, "I find him rather interesting."

"He's teaching us the dark arts." Hermione persisted.

"It makes sense though, the only way to know how to best defend yourself from something you must first understand how it works, like he told us on the first day." Anthony said.

"Yes, but he's focusing on some of the darkest spells, and the way he speaks of the dark arts, it is as if he is trying to make them sound appealing."

"Because they are." Blaise said simply, making Neville, who was beside him scoot over a little bit. Blaise rolled his eyes, "I didn't mean it like that. It's a branch of magic that we're not taught about. It's only human nature to be curious."

"Yeah, and like he said, it doesn't matter what kind of magic you use what matters is the intent behind it." Harry added, "You know that just as well as me Hermione."

Hermione bit her lip, "I know, I just-"

"Don't concern yourself about it." Draco told her, "Whatever the case is at least he's a better teacher the Quirrell."

Everyone nodded.

"I can understand where Hermione is coming from though." Susan said, "It does seem as if he is trying to make us interested in the dark arts."

"Though at the same time he tells us not to use the spells he teaches us about." Hannah recollected.

"It could be reverse psychology." Hermione perked up.