• thirty three •

Start from the beginning

"It's so good to see you."

"You guys are going to have to tell me what the hell is going on here." Happy said, and we got on the plane, letting Happy stitch up Peter's back.

He was clearly in pain, and I took his hand in mine, letting him squeeze it when he needed to.

"Okay hold still, there we go." Happy said, and Peter visibly flinched.

"Ouch!"

"I thought you had super strength." Happy said, and Peter grit his teeth.

"It still hurts." He said, obviously annoyed as he flinched again squeezing my hand tightly.

"Happy, come on."

"Alright relax, just a few more." Happy encouraged him, going in for another stitch.

"There we go."

"Oh my God, Happy!" Peter yelled, slamming his other hand on the table, and I jumped in surprise.

"Baby-"

"Relax!" Happy exclaimed, and Peter got up from his chair, letting go of my hand and pacing around the plane.

"Don't tell me to relax, Happy!" Peter raised his voice, and I could see the tears forming under his eyes.

"How can I relax when I've messed up so bad?" He asked, looking at Happy, and I wiped a tear off my cheek.

"I trusted Beck, right? I thought he was my friend so I gave him the only thing that Mr Stark left for me and now he's going to kill my friends and half of Europe, so please do not tell me to relax." Peter said, sitting down, looking at me.

"Phoenix told me not to but I didn't listen to her, this is all my fault."

"Peter, it's going to be okay." I whispered, crouching down in front of him, and he sighed, taking my hand in his again.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I shouldn't shout." He sighed, looking at me before locking eyes with Happy.

"I'm just really worried about him."

"Yeah I'm worked about him too, but he's gonna be fine, alright?" Happy asked, and Peter looked broken.

"Everywhere I go I see his face, and the whole world is asking who is going to be the next Iron Man and I don't know if that's me, Happy." Peter cried, gesturing to himself with his free hand.

"I'm not Iron Man."

"You're not Iron Man, you're never going to be Iron Man." Happy smiled softly, and I gave him an annoyed look, but he shrugged.

"Nobody can live up to Tony, not even Tony." He said, leaning forward in his chair.

"Tony is my best friend, and he's a mess. He second guesses everything he does, and he's all over the place." Happy said, making me smile at the thought of Tony.

"The one thing he's done that he didn't second guess was picking you, picking both of you."

I looked up at Peter, and we smiled at eachother, knowing Happy was telling the truth.

"Your friends are in trouble and the tech is missing. What are you gonna do about it?" Happy asked, and Peter stood up, looking determined.

"I'm gonna kick his ass."

"No I mean right now, specifically, what are we gonna do?" Happy asked while I stood up, leaning against the chair.

"Because we've been hovering over a tulip field for the last fifteen minutes."