"Anyway, none of that is too important but this story definitely is! My mother and I were stopping by to visit Harry one day and Niall had let us into the house, not telling Harry that we were there. My innocent little self," I huffed and she glanced at me before continuing, "thought that I could go and tell my brother that we were there to see him after not seeing each other after so long! But, what was I greeted with instead?" She paused for dramatic effect and Louis leaned in with anticipation.

"My brother with his hands and feet tied to his bed frame, acting as a fucking horse whilst Jayden was riding him like the most skilled cowboy there is! I still have nightmares about what my eyes have seen! And Harry was being so loud! I get it, he's deaf but goddamn! I wish I had been the deaf one!" My face was beet red at this point and I was trying to make myself disappear into the couch forever. I could see Louis laughing at my expense but he saw my horrified expression and sat on his knees in front of me.

"Love, there is nothing to be ashamed of. It was an accident that your sister saw you but we're all adults." He gestured to himself and Gemma before signing again. "We're just picking on you because we care about you and Gemma wants to tell me everything about you."

"I just wish that I didn't have so many embarrassing moments for people to tell you." I pouted like a child and Louis smiled before leaning up to peck me gently on the lips. I smiled at him once he pulled away, brushing my fingers along his cheek. Something caught his eye and he grabbed my hand, examining my painted nails.

"You painted your nails?" I nodded shyly at his question. He pressed a kiss to the back of my hand.

"I love them. Why don't you paint them all the time?"

"I just don't think it's the best idea with me being a teacher, specifically high school teacher." I had to take my hands out of Louis' to sign but once I was finished he grabbed them again. Our moment was interrupted by Gemma's waving hands.

"They match the color of your eyes Louis!" All of us looked at my nails and I put my hand up next to his face, looking between his eyes and the nail color.

"No wonder I liked this color so much, it's my favorite shade."

Louis smiled at me and I bit my lip before signing.

"Louis blue."

---

It's been a few hours after myself and Louis left my mothers home and made the trip back to my shared home. Louis had to record a new song and said that it was set to be released at the end of the month.

Needless to say, I'm sat in my living room, alone.

I hadn't checked to see if my roommates were home but I figured that they would have to come into the living room at some point.

I have been researching a bit about speech therapy for adults with hearing loss and so far have come up with nothing. Well, nothing that wouldn't cost me my entire life savings.

I have recently found myself thinking about speaking, specifically to my loved ones. I just feel like if I were to learn a few words or phrases, it would make life easier for me. I guess it will be an experiment to see if my theory will be true, let's hope so.

I startled slightly when I felt a tap on my shoulder, quickly snapping my laptop closed and glancing over to see who the sudden intruder is.