Prologue part 1

It was January 9th, 1982, the winter term had just begun for the students and faculty members of Hogwarts.

And so far, everything has been nothing but ordinary.

Yet since winter break ended, an odd feeling a premonition lingered within the school.

Something was coming, but no one could figure out what.

Right now, outside the walls of that old castle, strong, harsh, icy winds howled with the freezing tempest's fierce wrath.

But the harsh snowstorm wasn't the primary reason for the sudden rise in the school's vigilance.

No, the real reason lies beyond the cold, windy blizzard.

A jade vehicle was flying briskly through the storm when suddenly the engine dies, shuddering to a stop

The car plummets from the sky, heading right towards the black lake.

However, just before the car would touch the icy waters of what would be a watery grave, the petrol-deprived engine groaned coming back to life.

The car's tires screeched loudly when they touch down on the cobblestone path to the castle.

It looks as if this was the jade coloured vehicle's last voyage for a while as steam rose from the broken engine.

The right side door opens and a young, pregnant woman emerged wobbling slightly.

She shook a little, pulling up the hood of her long black coat over her long auburn locks, and began wading through the snow towards the castle. 

Eventually, she arrived at the castle's entrance.

And she slams the old metal door knocker against the double oak doors: once, twice, three times 'Knock, Knock, Knock' the sound echoes loudly.

The woman shivered, grasping her cloak tighter, wrapping it around her and her unborn child.

The oak doors creaked as they slowly opened, revealing a tall, thin black-haired man wearing thick black robes and a long black winter cloak.

"I suppose that 'little snowstorm' was too strong for you after all, hm?" the man began in a know-it-all tone, his eyes still focused on his book. But after a moment or two, the man looked up, and a confused formed on his face. "Hagrid?" he called, glancing about three feet above the young woman as if expecting some sort of giant. The young woman chuckled at his confusion. "Down here, Severus," she mumbled, still shivering from the cold.

Severus froze, his eyes completely open in shock. But gradually, he lowed his gaze until his dark black irises met her bright icy blues. "... Azalea?" He murmured, reaching out his hand to her as if scared she was just a dream. "Yeah, it's me, Sev, I'm here..." Azalea whispers nervously with a faint smile. She grips his outstretched hand and squeezes it, as a faint grin gradually grew on his lips. "Can I come inside? We have to talk," she continued, shivering as a rush of frosty wind blew past her. "Please do, it's freezing out, and I do not desire to develop a cold from holding a door open as I converse with you all night," he welcomed her in.

"Follow me; we can talk in my chamber," Severus said as opened the door a little wider. He escorted her through the winding hallways, gently holding on to her hand. "Why 'in your chamber'?" Azalea asked whispering in his ear while standing on her tippy toes behind him, teasing him, she giggled a little when he twirled her around to face him, "because chances are I might be a little emotional, and I can't allow anyone to see me like that I have a reputation to uphold," he whispered in her right ear with a roguish grin.

"How can you already have a reputation? From what I've gathered, you've scarcely had this job for a month," she asked mockingly with a teasing grin. As they reached the stairs to the dungeons. "Simple, I am seldom ever pleased by my students' work," he explained as they approached the door to his room "much less impressed by it," Severus informed her with a smirk as he opened the door "After you," he said holding the door for her. "Much obliged!" Azalea said politely, "And if I'm being sincere, Sev, I am not too surprised that their work doesn't impress you," she continued as Severus locked the door behind them.

"Oh, really now? And why is that?" He smirked, "because Sev, their not you, they're not naturally skilled potioneers like you were at that age," She explained with a slight teasing grin. As she sat down on the small toffee coloured sofa that was in front of the fireplace. "So?" he asked, walking into the kitchenette on the left side of the room.

''Would you like some tea?'' He asks as he started rummaging through the cabinets. ''Um, what kind?'' She asks as the young professor placed the silver kettle he grabbed from the cabinets. On the end table on the right side of the couch. Severus then walked over to the fireplace and took the quarter-inch diameter cast iron pole propped against the stone wall. And he positioned it in the two holes that were drilled inside the stone fireplace.

He walked back over to the cabinets, "Let me see... I have earl grey, chamomile and Green.'' He answered. Grabbing two teacups, a pitcher of cream, a porcelain pot of sugar cubes and an earl grey tea bag for himself. ''Um... chamomile please!'' She responds, "Your wish is my command," he replied as he got a chamomile tea bag for her.

''Anyway, as I was saying. Naturally, their work wouldn't impress you!'' She continues. Severus was pointing his wand inside the silver kettle. He mumbled incoherently, a quick 'Aguamenti' under his breath. A narrow stream of crystal clear, drinkable water flowed from his wand, promptly filling the kettle.

''They might impress me if they worked harder, rather than be a bunch of idiotic dunderheads,'' Severus reckoned her as he hung the kettle on the hook of the cast iron pole. "Yeah right!'' Azalea laughed. As he mumbles 'Incendio' and flames sparked from his wand as he directed it at the lightly charred logs in the fireplace.

''Oh, come on, Severus! What student, regardless of how hard they worked, could ever impress The Half-Blood Prince! A clever man that is undoubted, by far, the most incredibly intelligent and skilled potioneer that history has ever known!'' Azalea proclaimed with a humorous smile as she thrust her arms in the air, inevitably causing her cloak to unwrap from around her, inadvertently revealing her pregnant form.

''You-you're pregnant!!!" Severus sputtered out loudly in surprise, his eyes wide. Azalea looked at him with a nervous gaze for just a moment before instantly lowering her gaze toward her shoes as she almost incoherently mumbles "yeah I am...," Severus just stands there, frozen, "w-who?" he shakily interrogated her quietly, "Huh? What?" Azalea asks him confused, "Who is the father? Azalea, who?" Severus asked, apparent anger and discontent lacing his tone. "I can not believe you!" she exclaimed in frustration "you dare to accuse me of betraying you?!" She growled. "If you didn't betray me, then HOW in Merlin's name are you pregnant! Huh? Azalea how?" Severus yells angered. "BECAUSE YOU GOT ME PREGNANT!" Azalea shouted furiously, "What?" Severus whispered gently. "You are the father, Severus...." Azalea said, breathing deeply to calm herself down, "You are her father."