30-THIRTY💕💕

Start from the beginning

"Abubakar, you're here. Welcome," Iman greeted me with a warm smile.

"Yes, I'm here to pick up the kids," I replied, trying to keep a straight face.

"Oh no, don't tell me you guys won't stay for dinner? I've already finished cooking," she said with a hint of disappointment.

"I don't think we can, Iman. I'm sure Asmau is waiting for us at home," I replied.

"Come on Abubakar, please stay and have dinner here, pretty please. I cooked your favorite dishes," she insisted.

I sighed, "Okay, since you insist, we'll stay for dinner."

"Good, thank you so much. I'll get the table set. Please make yourself at home; this is your home too," she said warmly.

"Thank you, Iman," I replied with a faint smile.

"You're welcome, Abubakar," she beamed.

"Daddy, we are going home now, right?" Safeeya walked into the room and asked.

"No, darling, we're going to stay for dinner," Iman announced.

"What? Dinner? But I'm sure Mummy is waiting for us at home, and she's made dinner," Feeyah protested.

"Yes, Feeyah, but Asmau's food can wait. You guys are eating here. I made some special dishes for you. Now, please get your siblings down here to eat," Iman urged.

"Okay," Feeyah sighed and went to fetch her siblings.

Safeeyah

"Guys, we're having dinner here," I announced as soon as I returned to the living room we were staying at with my siblings.

"What? But Ya Feeyah, I thought we were going home now?" Noorie asked in confusion.

"I thought so too, but Ammi convinced Daddy for us to stay over for dinner," I explained.

"But Mummy won't be happy about this," Ansar chimed in, concern in his voice.

"Exactly, that's why we shouldn't eat the food here," I stated.

"You mean we shouldn't eat anything she gives us?" Ansar asked, his disappointment evident. Such a foody.

"Yes, dummy. Because if we eat now and get full, we won't be able to enjoy Mummy's delicious food later. So, Ansar, don't you dare eat anything," I playfully warned.

Ansar rolled his eyes dramatically and placed a hand over his chest, feigning offense. "Hey, Safeeya, what do you take me for? Of course, I'm not going to eat,"

"I don't care about you, but the worst part is that I'm sure Daddy will eat the food. Mummy won't be happy about this; they're always fighting because of Ammi," I lamented.

"Ammi is a problem," Noorie said with a pout.

"No Noorie, don't say that. She's still our mother, but she shouldn't be making Mummy and Daddy fight. It's not right at all," I reasoned.

"See, let's just go downstairs; it's better we hurry up and go home," Ansar suggested.

"Yeah, you're right. Let's go," and with that, we headed downstairs to the dining room.

*

"Won't you kids eat?" Ammi asked us, curiously.

"No Ammi, we're not hungry," I replied, exchanging a quick glance with my siblings. We were on a mission, after all.

"Okay, since you said so," she shrugged, turning her attention to Daddy.

"By the way, Abubakar, I prepared a delicious dessert. I want you to taste it now and tell me what you think," Ammi said with a hint of excitement.