Empire State of Mind 🗽

"𝘪𝘯 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘬𝘬𝘬,

𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘵 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮 𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘰,

𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘰,

𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳'𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘬𝘬𝘬!"

Julie gave Reggie a weird look from where she sat in the passenger's seat of Luke's car. Luke chuckled from behind the wheel, entertained by the bassist singing his heart out.

Reggie paused when he saw Julie's facial expression.

"What? I thought this song would be appropriate since you and Luke are moving into your new place, basically starting a new chapter in your lives, and it's all happening in New York." Reggie placed a hand over his heart dramatically, "This song makes me feel like I can do anything."

"Yeah, but you're singing the wrong lyrics." Julie scoffed.

"Psh, that's the way I heard em'!" Reggie shrugged before belting it out again.

Julie giggled at his silliness while shaking her head. Soon they arrived at Luke and Julie's new Soho residence. It was a spacious one bedroom apartment with high ceilings and large windows. Reggie was impressed with the couple and how they managed to snag a winner like this.

"Woah. This place is so nice." Reggie commented as he took in the high ceilings.

"I was the one who found this one." Luke grinned proudly.

"You guys got the perfect apartment and it's in such a cool area of the city."

"And Julie managed to sweet talk the owner into cutting twenty percent off the rent." Luke kissed her cheek lovingly.

"Well," Julie playfully flipped her hair, "he's a fan of the band and said I was his favorite member."

Suddenly Reggie's phone went off and he went to go answer it in the other room. Luke pulled Julie to his chest and was about to bring her into a kiss when there was a knock at the door.

"Aw, man." Luke pouted as Julie rushed over to go answer it.

"Right on time, fellas." Julie opened the door and in came a handful of movers, ready to bring their furniture and boxes inside.

After a while Reggie came dashing into the living room with a grin plastered on his face.

"Yes!"

"What is it, Reg?" Julie asked.

"Bobby's gonna take Luke's old room. He's fed up with his two roommates." Reggie shrugged.

Luke's jaw dropped, "Damn. You sure replaced me quick!"

"Sorry, Luke, but if I get an opportunity for someone to split the rent with me, I'm gonna take it. I don't care how rich we've gotten."

"I hear that." Julie gave the guy a high five.

Reggie helped the two unpack a good amount of their boxes and get things placed exactly where Julie saw fit. Julie treated the boys to a delivery deep dish since they were so helpful all day.

Reggie left their apartment around 8:00 that night to give the couple some space to "break in the new apartment." He winked at them as he left out the door causing the two to laugh. And break in the new apartment they did.

When Julie woke up the next morning, she heard music. It wasn't a strange thing to hear considering who lived there, but it was more specific. Luke was working on a song she'd never heard before and when Luke was writing a new song it was always exciting.