𝟏. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝

Start from the beginning

The girl simply sighed in frustration as she didn't want to end in another one of their usual 'fights'.

"This snake looks like it's staring me right in the eye." Jungwon spoke as he eyed the huge anaconda on his right which was behind the glass staring right at him through the glass that was lit by a dim light.

"We should get to your grandfather's office as soon as possible." Jay advised with a vacant expression and a slight pout on his lips.

"You're just scared of that anaconda. What if it comes to life?" Riki tried to scare him.

"Yeah..right...." Jay scoffed as he adjusted the straps of his backpack.

The nine of them went past from the wildlife section to the marine life section. To the right of it was Eunhae's
grandfather's office which held several research plans and animals which were being inspected and be preserved.

There was a new find that was arriving at the museum later at midnight. Eunhae's grandfather was busy in another affair and asked his only granddaughter to receive the shipping that was to arrive later after midnight.

All of her friends insisted on assisting her after they heard the matter regardless of the girl refusing the help.

Eunhae reached for the pocket of her jacket taking out a keychain carrying numerous keys of the whole museum.
Her grandfather had allowed Eunhae and her friends a pass to his office until he arrived in an hour or so.

Eunhae's grandfather trusted her because he knew she'd never been a part of meddlesome acts in her past and he thought her friends would naturally be the same.

Eunhae finally identified the right key while fiddling through the huge keychain. Everyone gathered up around her in anticipation as she clicked in the key and twisted it to reveal her grandfather's workplace. The man was the head conservator of the town's natural history museum.

The door opened to reveal a dark room with a strange odor of chemicals.
"Where are the lights Hae?" Heeseung asked while scanning the place with the flashlight.

"At your right." The girl replied while pointing exactly where the light switches were.

"The smell is killing me." Sunoo's nasal voice could be heard as he covered his nose and mouth with the sleeve of his shirt.

In a matter of seconds, the once pitch black room was lit up fully.
"Wow, this place is bigger than I thought it would be." Heeseung remarked while switching off the torch in his hands.

"It actually looks like a whole secret hideout for some detective or something." Sunoo commented with his mouth wide open while walking towards Eunhae's grandfather's desk.

"You could say that. Grandad is basically a detective of dead things." Eunhae explained with a chuckle as everyone wandered off to the area which pleased their eyes.

"Just please don't touch any of the stuff because it's every fragi-" Before Eunhae could finish she saw Riki holding up a horn of some animal that was laying on one of the shelves.

"Riki put that down this instance!" She shouted.

"Make me." The youngest challenged the girl with a smirk.
In an instance, Eunhae was chasing the boy around the whole place like a mother trying to catch her child which seemingly was the same situation.

"What's her grandfather? A Dracula cosplayer?" Sunghoon laughed as he picked up a black cloth that looked like a cloak from the coat hanger.
Jake who was laughing at Eunhae and Riki having a chase, regained his sight at Sunghoon to witness the boy wrapping the black cloth around his shoulders while trying to look cool.