A Dragon by any other name...

The city didn't rest last night. Engineers were doing final checks, the crew was filled with a nervous energy, their families scared and excited. Even you and Azula were feeling it, the anticipation, the excitement. 

Ty Lee was trying her hardest to get the two of you to sleep, and to her credit, it was working a little. She tried to calm you with words, hugs, anything she could think of. It distracted just enough to lull you to sleep, though at a very late hour.

You were awoken by the gentle shaking of your shoulder. As you crack open an eye, your sight falls on tired looking Ty Lee. Dark circles tint the underside of her eyes though a small smile still paints her face.

Y/n: You don't look like you slept.

Ty Lee: I didn't. I had to make sure you guys would be on time for the launch.

Y/n: That's very thoughtful of you Ty Lee.

You lean in and give her a soft kiss on her lips. She happily accepts it, the tiredness blocking out most of the embarrassment.

After waking Azula, carefully, you dressed and made your way to the doors of the palace where two palanquins were waiting. Breakfast was skipped because you and Azula were to nervous to eat. You helped the girls in, Azula first then Ty Lee, before sitting yourself down next to Azula. 

As you sit waiting for the Fire Lord to arrive, Ty Lee begins to rubberneck. She desperately trying to stay awake at such an important moment, but she's rapidly losing that battle. After sharing a quick glance with Azula a small grin creeps across your face. Reaching over you pull Ty Lee in and place her head on both of your laps.

She tries to protest but is quickly silenced by a stern look from Azula. Accepting the new position, Ty Lee just closes her eyes and almost instantly falls asleep.

A few more minutes pass in a tense silence before the Fire Lord finally shows himself. He stepped out in a beautiful wine red robe, complete with fine golden embroidery along the edges. The same mixture of arrogance, confidence and condescendence as always is present in his step. Those who could bowed even deeper, while the rest remained like statues.

The ride down from the dormant volcano was the same as it always had been, beautiful in it's scenery, though fairly boring in it's execution. 

Azula: So, what do you think will come after this?

Y/n: After? Some time for it to quiet down I hope. Maybe we could finally have that long awaited wedding.

Azula: That would be nice, wouldn't it?

She absent mindedly strokes Ty Lee's hair, lost in thought.

Y/n: But in all honesty, I don't think it will end any time soon.

Azula: What do you mean?

Y/n: Rebellions will keep popping up as long as the spirit of the Earth kingdom remains. We would have to wipe it from conscious memory for everything to finally be over. That will take time, and a lot of it too.

A hum comes to you in response. Seemingly in thought again, Azula rests her head on your shoulder as she looks out over the approaching harbor.

Azula: As long as your with me, there's nothing that can stop us.

She looks at you with a smile on her face. It is sweet and pure, yet her eyes are filled with a burning determination.

As you pass underneath the large tower in the harbor, thousands of soldiers enter you field of vision, all of them arranged in perfect lines. At the water's edge lays the entirety of the air force, ready for take off. You gently nudge Ty Lee awake and, after making sure she knows what going on, prepare yourself for what is to come.