Epilogue: New Haven

The boxes were all there. They were still closed and nothing was in the place it was supposed to be, but Piper and Quinn were content. As they sat on the floor of their new shared apartment in New Haven, eating pizza and watching a TV show or another in Piper's phone, there was nothing that they would change in that moment.

Well, maybe a couch would be appreciated, but it was too far right now for either of them to even bother going there to sit down.

"You know, we need to set the bed." Quinn pointed out as Piper groaned.

"Look, bub, I love you, okay? But tonight, we're sleeping on a mattress on the floor." Piper said, as Quinn just chuckled. "Listen, we left Lima at six in the morning and we got here at like, five in the afternoon. And then we had to move all those boxes around and now it's nine o'clock and I'm really not in the mood for setting up a bed."

"It's fine." Quinn smiled, as she took another bite of her pizza. "I don't want to do it either."

"We'll do it tomorrow."

"Yeah." Quinn nodded, then as she looked around the apartment and frowned a bit at all the boxes around them. "I can't believe we unpacked stuff for hours today and we still have half of the boxes to go through."

"Yeah, well, at least we got the bathroom and half of the kitchen ready." Piper shrugged. "We can move the heavier stuff in the living room and the bedroom tomorrow and then like... Picture frames and decorations we do later."

"Sounds like a plan." Quinn nodded then. "Besides, we kind of need to explore a bit, right?"

"We can visit Yale, if you want." Piper offered, with a shrug of her shoulders as she finished her last slice of pizza.

"Sure." Quinn smiled, excitedly, as Piper giggled. "I mean... We need to see what we have nearby for when we need it and see if we can find something cool to do at night."

"I know you, Quinn Fabray. As soon as your classes start at college, you'll want to have the best grades and be top of your classes and you won't have time to go to clubs with me." Piper pouted playfully as Quinn rolled her eyes.

"Is this jealousy I'm hearing, Piper Caroline?" Quinn teased, as she pulled her girlfriend closer to her and Piper squealed when the two of them ended up tumbling over each other and falling to the gound in fits of laughter.

"What? You think I'm jealous of Yale?" Piper giggled, laying down on the floor as Quinn did the same beside her. "Maybe I am."

Quinn laughed at that, a genuine, loud, carefree type of laugh that she knew she'd be having lots of now that she was living — properly — with the love of her life that always made her feel happy and alive and secure no matter the situation they were in.

"Well, you shouldn't, angel..." Quinn assured then, rolling a bit on the floor so she was laying on her side, facing Piper as the freckled girl laid down in the same position as her. "Because no matter how busy I get, you'll always be my first priority."

"Really?" Piper asked then, as Quinn shrugged.

"Maybe not during test week, though."

"Fair enough." Piper laughed. "But don't worry. I'll take good care of you during test week. I'll even make you breakfast before you leave."

"Really?" Quinn echoed her girlfriend's question as Piper shrugged.

"Until I get a job, I guess."

Quinn laughed, leaning toward Piper then as she pulled her closer to her by the back of her neck as the two of them shared yet another kiss.

"This is gonna be great for us, P, I know it." Quinn sighed dreamily, laying down on the floor again as she looked up to the ceiling, as if imagining in front of her everything great that the future would be holding for them in this next stage. "You and me, here in New Haven, now... We're gonna have that picture perfect life we've talked about."

At that, Piper smiled, turning her head so she could look at Quinn as she laid beside her, wondering how she could have possibly gotten so lucky to have scored a beautiful girl like Quinn Fabray to even look her way — even more, lay on the floor of a badly furnished house.

"My life was already perfect when I was with you." Piper whispered so lowly she was unsure Quinn had even heard it to begin with.

But when the blonde turned around to face her with a smile before standing up and pulling her girlfriend up to her feet with her as she moved through the boxes and toward their bedroom where the king size mattress was laying so she could lay her down there instead as she climbed up on the mattress and straddled Piper's lap, she knew she had.

"I love you, Piper Snow." Quinn whispered, as she leaned down to press a kiss to Piper's lips again as the girl brought her hand up to run her fingers through her hair.

"I love you, Quinn Fabray."