Prom-Assaurus

"Good morning, McKinley High!" Coach Sylvester's unusually chirpy voice came through the speakers during Piper's art class. "First of all, to those of you thoughtful enough to leave maternity gifts outside my office, both I and my unborn child thank you for your lackluster Cracker Barrel meat-and-cheese medleys, and I'm sure that my trash can will find them delicious. Now it's time to announce this year's Senior Prom Court nominees. Your choices for Prom King are... Rick The Stick Nelson. President Brittany S. Pierce. That's weird. And also, Finn Hudson. And now on to the category we all really care about: Prom Queen."

At that, Piper stopped painting for a second to pay attention to the announcement from the coach knowing how much that nomination — and a possible victory — meant to Quinn.

"Becky for Prom Queen 2012!" Becky yelled, interrupting coach Sylvester for a second only to be ignored by the woman.

"Missy Gunderson." She continued. "Santana Lopez. And Quinn Fabray."

At that, Piper smiled, happy for her girlfriend. Before she could even do anything else, however, she jumped a bit in surprise when a loud crash was heard through the speakers.

"Congratulations to all our nominees... Becky, Becky, Becky! That's an antique!" Coach Sylvester complained as Piper held back a giggle, already imagining Becky destroying the woman's whole office in her rage.

"I was robbed, Coach!"

***

"Hello, future prom queen." Piper smirked a bit as she walked up to Quinn by her locker as the blonde struggled with her books on her higher locker.

"Hi." Quinn smiled at her girlfriend a bit, before groaning when her Geography book fell down to the ground.

Piper rolled her eyes then, picking up Quinn's book for her as she helped her out with she needed from her locker before closing it and turning to look at her.

"So... How are you feeling, being nominated for prom queen?" Piper asked, starting to push Quinn's wheelchair toward their next class.

"Amazing." Quinn smiled a bit as Piper chuckled. "Sucks that you didn't, though."

"I don't really mind." She shrugged. "Besides, it's not like I'm dying to dance with any of the King nominees. You know what? Scratch that. I'd totally dance with Britt."

At that, Quinn sighed, dreading her next words, but knowing that talking it out with Piper would be a lot better than doing anything behind her back. Especially this, since there was no way she wouldn't find out. So, taking a deep breath, Quinn locked the wheels of her chair causing Piper to stop walking, surprised.

"I need to talk to you." Quinn said, reaching behind her for Piper's hand and tugging her forward so Piper would walk around her to stand in front of her instead. "I need to ask you a question, but I don't think you're gonna like it."

"Okay?" Piper frowned a bit, waiting for Quinn to say what she wanted to say.

"I... I was thinking... Because you know how much I want to be prom queen and, I mean, you weren't nominated and all. I was just... Wondering... If... If it'd be okay for me to... Have Finn as my running-mate."

At that, Piper raised an eyebrow, frowning at Quinn as the girl sighed.

"You'd still be my date." Quinn assured, as she reached over to grab Piper's hand in hers. "We're still gonna have fun at prom. I just mean... I just want to have Finn in my posters with me so I can increase my chances of winning. Him and I would only have one dance together and we might have to stick by each other sometimes until prom royalty is announced, but it'd only be for show."