Goodbye

The six original glee members had decided to perform for everyone else the first ever number they did together in honor of the last week of classes — maybe ever for some of them. So, that was how Piepr found herself like this, embarrassing herself with some of her friends as she did Sit down you're rocking the boat with them.

"That was the most ghetto number I have ever seen." Santana joked as soon as they were done.

"Then just call me George Jefferson, because we went from the ghetto to the penthouse." Artie said, as everyone cheered and Mr. Schue walked in with an emotional smile. "National champs, baby!"

"This week's assignment is easy." Mr. Schue said, then, as he wrote Goodbye on the whiteboard and the kids dispersed to take their seats again. "Graduation is just a few days away. There's nothing left to prepare for. Our work here is done, so there's only one thing left to do: say goodbye. Underclassmen, pick some songs to say goodbye to the seniors; seniors, pick a song to say goodbye to us."

"A part of me wants to lock these doors and stay in here with everyone forever." Mercedes mumbled quietly as Piper smiled sadly, holding Quinn's hand in her lap.

"We can use the wastebasket for the toilet, and then we could eat Joe for the food, since she's been here the shortest, so we know her the least." Brittany said, as everyone chuckled quietly.

At that, Mr. Schue smiled as well, going to take a seat as he picked up a guitar.

"I really hope you're about to rap." Quinn joked, clearly trying to hold back her tears as the teacher chuckled.

"No such luck. I'm leading by example here." Mr. Schue said, as he took a moment to look at everyone's faces with a smile. "This one is for you guys."

And as Mr. Schue sang his rendition of Forever Young for his students, a few tears were shared and a few looks were exchanged. Quinn leaned closer to Piper then, resting her head on her shoulder and squeezing her hand a bit when the brunette sniffled quietly. Friends and partners holding onto what could possibly be the last time they'd all be together like this in a long time.

***

"I still can't believe you're moving to L.A." Piper mumbled, as she took a bite of her pizza, laying in Mercedes' bed with her head on her lap as the two of them and Kurt had a sleepover that night for old time's sake. "I mean, I can. Like... I knew you'd do it. But it's just... It's on the other side of the country and I'm gonna miss you like crazy."

"Oh, don't you even start Piper Snow." Mercedes chuckled a bit. "We promised no crying today, remember?"

"Sorry, my bad." She giggled, sniffling a bit as Mercedes smiled down at her.

"It is crazy, though." Kurt nodded, sitting across from the two girls as he leaned against the headboard. "We're so used to seeing each other everyday and now... Now Mercedes is off to L.A. and Piper's headed to New Haven with her girl. Who would've thought, huh? That small little trio that happened by chance because Ms. Snow almost dropped out from auditioning for glee club three years ago would be here now... Talking about the future..."

"It's insane." Mercedes nodded. "But, hey, P... Did you and Quinn find an apartment?"

"We found one that we really liked and that's within budget." She nodded with a small smile. "We're driving down there to see it this Saturday, though."

"I'm really happy it all worked out for you in the end, you know?" Kurt smirked a bit when Piper blushed. "You deserve to be happy. Both of you."

"You really made Quinn a better person, you know that?" Mercedes nodded as Piper shrugged.