The Spanish teacher

"All right, guys!" Mr. Schue said, as he walked into the choir room that afternoon. "Let me ask you something. Where do you think you'll be in the year 2030?"

"Broadway." Rachel and Kurt said together, before smiling at one another. "Twinsies!"

"Walking." Artie said.

"In jail, or dead." Puck said. "Or both."

"Wherever you are, whatever you're doing, you're going to need to be able to speak Spanish." Mr. Schue said, deciding to ignore the way the whole thing turned a bit too dark out of the sudden as Piper frowned, confused as to where this whole thing was going. "The reality is, by 2030, more people on this planet will be speaking Spanish than any other language. The world is changing. Our culture is changing. And that needs to be reflected in here. So for our next assignment, we're only doing songs written or performed by someone Latin, or of Latin descent. Or English songs performed bilingually."

"Oh, I'm bilingual." Brittany said, as Piper shook her head fondly with a smile.

"Hum, Mr. Shue, though I love that we're finally getting all Lima Sound Machine in here, why now?" Santana asked, as Mr. Schue turned to her with a smile too big to be considered normal.

"Oh, Santana, because it's long overdue." He said. "The truth is, I love all things Latin. I mean, I love Latin food, Latin art, Latin people..."

"You don't know any Latin people." Santana said, but before anyone could comment any further, a man entered the room.

"Guys, this is David Martinez." Mr. Schue introduced his friend as the two of them stood in the middle of the room. "David Martinez, this is the Glee Club."

"Oh, my God." Piper could hear Rachel gasping. "Cutest..."

"Smile..." Sugar continued, also a bit entranced by the man.

"Ever." Artie smiled dooply, as Piper turned to look at him with an raised eyebrow and he looked away from her quickly.

"Hello, everyone." David spoke up then, causing Piper to turn back around and look at him again. "It's a pleasure."

"David here is one of my many Latin friends." Mr. Schue continued, still acting a bit weird in Piper's opinion. "And, hum, he's interested in starting his own night school Glee Club, after hours. So I invited him to come watch us get our duende on."

"Duende?" Finn frowned.

"Ugh, it means dwarf, you ass." Santana rolled her eyes.

"Now I'm completely confused." Puck frowned and, for the first time in a long time, Piper agreed with him. "So what's the assignment?"

"To sing, in Spanish, with duende." Mr. Schue said. "Which, yes, literally means dwarf, but metaphorically, it means to have Spanish soul. To be filled with Spanish passion."

"Does it, though?" Piper mumbled quietly exchanging a look with Santana, who just shrugged back at her.

"Will, can I... Hablar con ellos?" David asked, as Mr. Schue stood there, clearly confused as to what he had just said. Still, he nodded.

"That's... Right."

"A performance with duende transforms you." David said. "Makes you sing, makes you cry, makes you laugh. Makes you want to kiss a person you love. A song sung in Spanish must have duende, or else..."

"Would you mind showing us?" Santana smirked, as Rachel perked up in her seat.

"Oh dear God, please, yes." She said, as David turned to look at Mr. Schue.