𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Start from the beginning

It was what everyone expects them to do as they were the direct descendants of the great Merlin himself and as the descendants of Merlin, they were subjected to aid muggle-borns as well.

Years ago, there was an increase in the rate of unemployed muggle-borns, and her grandpapa decided to create a corporation wherein he buys businesses and hires more people to improve the economy in the wizarding world and to lessen the unemployment rate. Hence, why the De Vie's were the richest family of purebloods in the wizarding world.

Don't get her wrong, they were already rich, to begin with.

Despite their hatred for muggles, they put on a show to gain people's trust. Which was one of the reasons why Hermione Granger wasn't bald yet after she had beat Andy as the top student.

Maybe grandpapa was the representative instead of her father? But why? Grandpapa was retired years ago!

What was happening in New York that was so important for him to go here?

The Slytherin princess stood by the edge of the deck, looking at the vast blue sea. She was breathing in the salty air as she felt the warmth of the sun and the air in her skin. It made her feel a good type of searing pain around her exposed skin. Andy could feel her hair whipping behind her as she rested her cheek on the palm of her hand, watching as they approached land.

No doubt her hair would look like a bird's nest once she goes back to her cabin.

The Slytherin would usually stay as far away as possible from the muggles, as she finds their mere existence repulsive. However, she would rather spend her time with them than hear Gleeson scream bloody murder at the television again as a muggle sport played through the screen.

He also wouldn't leave her out of his sight, and it was starting to annoy her.

"Your grandfather sent me to London to get you to New York safely, kid — I'm getting paid big bucks for this so you are not going anywhere without me,"

The ocean was always scary to Andy. It was the one place she refused to go into. She was not the best swimmer. . . Andy struggles in keeping herself afloat. But her fear stems from the fact that the ocean is a graveyard for those who perished in shipwrecks and that more than eighty percent of the ocean is yet to be discovered.

If witches and magical beasts like dragons exist, who knows what's down there?

She was afraid to find out. 

Drowning would be her second worst nightmare next to falling from a tall building.

"Beautiful day isn't it?"

Andy blinked, a voice cutting her thoughts short. The brunette turned to face the owner.

It was a woman standing right next to her.

The woman had curly blonde hair and honey-dew eyes that seemed glazed. She was certainly very beautiful with her regal face and the way she presents herself with grace and dignity — almost like a queen. She wore a white sleeveless bohemian beach dress and a hat sat on top of her head.

The cruise ship passed the Statue of Liberty, and the muggle tourists next to them started taking pictures and having a laugh around them. But Andy paid them no mind as she focused on the woman next to her.

"It certainly is," she replied respectfully, keeping a stoic face as she looked back at the scenery in front of her.

New York was certainly different from what she was used to. The city had more buildings and looked void of any trees and space. Sure she'd see a few trees here and there but compared to Scotland and her home in Northern France, it was little to none at all. Maybe there was more, however, Andy couldn't be too sure as she wasn't seeing the bigger picture at all but merely just a fraction of New York City.