I didn't want to be here. Almost everyone in the school hated me. It was worst in this class though because the teacher always came in late and didn't pay attention. They seemed to like to ignore the teasing.

Smack.

Another paper ball hit me, this time in the face, making my glasses go askew. I prodded them back in place only to hear the next insult.

"Slut."

Of course. What a classic thing for them to say. That rumour hadn't even been true! Six names. Then the next name was thrown at me.

"Whore."

Seven.

"Bitch."

Eight.

Eight names and I haven't even gotten to lunch yet. I wanted to laugh. Maybe today was the day.

Finally, the teacher came in. I looked at the clock, 8:55, they were only 20 minutes late.

After muttering a greeting and no apology for their tardiness, we were left with a textbook assignment written on the board.

Read pages 41 - 46 and answer questions 1 - 14 on a lined sheet of paper.

Sighing, I began my work, flipping through the pages, scanning for the answers. I never did read any of this, it was worthless to me, so why bother. Why did it have to be a lined sheet of paper, too? What if I wanted to use grid paper?

After one more insult being whispered about me, (I was now at 9), class was over.

I left for my next class, almost happy to get away.

My last two classes before lunch were mildly uninteresting and didn't hook my attention. The teacher for math was strict, so I received no names there and it was a small class of quiet reading for English, so I didn't hear any names there either. I did get pushed into a garbage can between those two classes, though. I didn't hear the person who pushed me say anything, only the harsh crackle of their laughter.

Lunchtime was okay. There was no attempt for anyone to teach me anything and I got food.

I looked around, trying to spy a spot for me to sit at. The action was in vain though, I already knew there wouldn't be any. The small cramped lunchroom was always filled with friends sitting together at the school tables. Wherever there seemed to be a spot to sit, it was just some place a friend was saving for someone else.

I walked over to the small, cramped area near the trash can. It was my usual spot and nobody ever sat there. It wasn't that bad, at least I had a good view of everyone else enjoying their lunch.

Thunk.

I felt something land on my head as someone walked past, laughing. It was a half eaten apple. Disgusted, I threw it into the garbage can beside me.

Thunk.

I felt something drop into my paper bag lunch. Reaching in, I pulled out a blackened banana with something greenish-white growing on it. I chucked it into the garbage, wiping off my hands. I honestly hated how people thought it was funny to pretend that I was part of the trash can.

I got up and chucked my lunch away. I didn't have the appetite to eat anymore. I decided to walk to my locker. I was going to skip. I hated this school and wasn't going to stay there any longer.
I ran upstairs, hearing someone call out 'loner' as they walked by. That's ten names now.

I pulled out a few things out of my locker, stuffing them into my bag. I ran out of the school, hoping not to be seen. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder.