13 Names

Copyright © 2015 by MonkeyReadMonkeyDo (of Wattpad)

All rights reserved. No part of this novel may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without written permission from the author.

13 Names & Goodbye

Smack!

Due to my clumsy stumble, my face hit the floor, hard. The tiles were cold and sticky with dirt as I lay there.

Why was it always me?

Without muttering a sound, I silently pushed myself up and walked away.

"Loser," I heard someone call out behind me. I didn't dare to reply. I had been called that name so many times I was used to it. Anyways, it wasn't one of the worst things I had ever been called.

I felt a harsh shove from my right. Before I saw it, I felt it, the cold stinging sensation of the edge of a locker. I crumpled to the ground.

"Wimp," I heard someone say as they passed me.

That's two names in less than a minute.

I slowly got up and checked my arm, which had hit the locker the hardest. There was a gash, bleeding slightly. My skin must have caught on the sharp edge and ripped. I sighed, this wasn't an unusual phenomenon.

Quickly, I scurried to my locker. Careful to get my combination right on the first try, I dialed the three numbers and heard it click into place.
Good. No one has tampered with my lock today.

I took out two textbooks and a binder. I hope it was enough for my first three classes; Science, Mathematics and English.

I shut my locker, and was about to leave when I felt a push from beside me.

Looking up, I saw the kid who had the locker next to me.

"Shove off, nerd," he snipped, looking down at me.

I walked away, not caring about his thoughts of me. I didn't even knows his name. There's no point in knowing a name you'll never use.

Sitting down at my desk in homeroom. I pulled a book to read. Homeroom was for school-wide announcements and attendance only. They never said anything important anyways, so why should I bother to listen?

I felt my book being pulled away and I looked up. My homeroom teacher was looking down at me, glaring.

"Pay attention! You don't have to act like a bookworm to get better grades!"

Bookworm. That made four names now. It was definitely one of the nicer names I had been called, then again, what would she call me if I weren't a student and she weren't a teacher? I wasn't looking for grades in the first place.

I watched her walk away, my book in hand.

Ring!

Finally. The bell beckoned me to science. Nearly jumping out of my chair, I scurried off to class.

Smack.

I felt the paper ball hit my shoulder as soon as I walked into class.

"Lame dodge, Loserson."

Loserson. A play on words of my last name, Jefferson. Haha. How funny. I hated my last name anyways. That makes five.

I turned to see who had spoken. It was the annoying kid in the back. He was in nearly all of my classes and felt as though it was his job to taunt me constantly. I turned away and slumped into my seat.