chapter 17

Darious is up i changed his look.

DEZYRE-2 weeks later

I laid in bed flipping through the channels, it was school today and i couldn't go since i was sick...again. All this week I've been have different shit wrong with me but my dad says its stomach flu, i went with that. I threw the bag of hot cheetos down and ran to the bathroom only to bring everything up i had eaten in the last hour. I wanted to cry, i hated being sick, i hated missing school, and i missed Darious but he was on a business trip to Las Vegas. I felt emotional and like a mess, i got up from the ground brushing my teeth and went downstairs. My mom had decided not to go to work since i was feeling the way i was. I went outside and texted Kemia, her mom was letting her borrow the car for this week since i wasn't there to pick her up.

She came swerving around the corner 1 minutes later, i hopped in the back and laid down.

"Dezyre i think you're pregnant to be honest" she said looking at me, i rolled my eyes looking away.

"Kemia he wore a condom i told you that!" she started the car as i closed my eyes, and not long after the car had ben stopped and turned off, i sighed sitting up to see that we were at Walgreen's. I popped some gum into my mouth and got out the car making sure my hair was straight and i looked appropriate. I followed behind Kemia, some guy was checking me out but i didn't care right now, i was tired and i wanted to get right back in the backseat of the car.

"Which one you wanna get I'd rather use these instead of the clinic right now so imma get like 3 different brands"she looked at the boxes and picked three up, i hope she know she was wasting all her money on something thats not even there.

"Do we really got do-" i covered my mouth looking around, i spotted a trashcan over the counter and made a run for it, throwing up just in time.

"why you throwing up girl you having more than morning sickness c'mon so we can leave." I sighed moving my hair back this was embarrassing. She paid and we left, i got a text from Darious while i was reading the pregnancy test boxes, coincidence right?

I looked down at my phone and turned it off sighing, i laid back putting my hand on my stomach, i was praying to god and i just hope he wasn't gonna fail me now.

10 MINS LATER

I got out the car with the bag, my mom was still home, I'm sure she not gonna pay no mind to me walking in. I unlocked the door and we walked in. My mom was laid out on the couch watching oprah and eating some fruit with whip cream.

I led Kemia upstairs to the bed, she handed me the bag, i just stared at her.

"Go ahead you gotta do this its for your own good" she plopped down on the bed and took her beats pill out her purse sitting it on the dresser. She started playing "Drinks on us"(up in the mm) and laid back. I went in the bathroom and took all three test and set them on the back of the toilet washing my hands. I came and sat next to her.

v

"Dezyre you good?" Kemia said looking at me, i nodded waiting.

"They said it'll take 10 minutes on the boxes so what you wanna do" She nodded tuning the song to "Hold You Down" Just as i got a call from Darious. I answered stepping in the bathroom looking at the test this was the longest time ever.

"Wassup" He said shuffling around some.

"Hey" I said nervously, i wasn't telling him anything he was already gone far away and if he didn't come back I'd be alone.

We started a conversation, he wouldn't tell me exactly what he went there for but i knew it had to do with his gang stuff. We talked about literally everything there was to talk about so i was to distracted to even notice that all three of the test were beeping. He ended up hanging up since he had something important to do. I grabbed the first test holding my breath and looking at the screen....Positive. I wanted to scream and do whatever else this shit was impossible.

"Kemia!" i yelled about to cry, she rushed in, i handed her the posistive one and looked at the other two.

"It's ok Dezyre they aren't always accurate" she patted my back, i wiped my eyes and took the second test...positive.....again.

"I can't do this" i said sitting on the toilet there was one more on the toilet and i wasn't looking at it. Kemia came and hugged me rubbing my back while i cried in her shirt, i guess i should've thought about the consequences before just giving it up.

She grabbed the last test and looked at it shaking her head, i kew they were all positive now. She pulled me up leading me to the room, i swear once my dad find out(cause i wasn't telling him) i was gonna be dead. I sighed wiping my eyes, abortion or adoption wasn't an option, i promised myself I'd always take care of the child i had even at a younger age.

"You sure you gone be ok by yourself i don't want you on some suicidal shit" i wanted to kinda laugh but suicide wasn't something funny so i didn't.

"I'll be ok" i told her scooting back on my bed i turned the tv up some and sighed, she hugged me and grab her purse leaving.

'I was strong and i could do this' i told my self over in my head, i had doubts but i wasn't giving up.