Eric sighed, knowing I already knew but just won't tell him.

Then he changed the subject.

"Do you want me to take you out for dinner?"

"Random." I told him

He smiled at my reaction.

''It's nearly 8 o'clock and you've haven't eaten yet. By the way, where are your parents?'' he got up and looked out my window since my window had the best view of the driveway.

''They are sleeping over at a friend's house." I said, making him face towards me.

''They just left you here alone?''

"I didn't feel like going." which was half-true.

He had an unreadable expression so I couldn't tell if he believed me or not. Then his expression turned soft.

''So, dinner?''

''No thanks.'' I declined politely as I could. ''There's left overs in the fridge, I'll just eat that. Sorry.''

''It's fine. I just wanted to make sure you're alright. You look kind of..." he trailed off, and walked closer to me, examining me closely, making my heart pound.

''Kind of what?'' I asked nervously.

''Kind of pale.'' Eric finished, lightly touching my cheek. "Are you sure you're okay?''

He then cupped both of my cheeks.

''I thought you just looked exhausted but now that I take closer look at you, you look awful!''

''I'm fine." I told him, feeling myself sweat a little. Eric didn't believe me though. It was confirmed by the look on his face.

''No, I'm not.'' I added truthfully.

Eric let go.

"Thanks for being honest with me. So the thing that is bothering you is making you like this?''

''Y-yes." I said, putting my head down.

It was quiet between us for a while until I remembered that Eric hasn't eaten yet either.

''Um...you can go now.'' I said. I then regretted it because of how rude that sounded.

''Sorry, I didn't mean it like that.." I told him quietly.

Eric gasped dramatically making me smile a little.

''Are you trying to get rid of me? You don't like being around me anymore?''

''No, I don't. Go away, stop bothering me." I joked.

''Fine, I'm leaving.'' he walked to the door, then turned around, his facial expression serious.

''Honestly, though, are you going to be okay by yourself?"

''Mhm."

''Call me if you need anything.'' he said gently, giving me one last smile as he walked out of the room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Eric's P.O.V)

I opened the front door of Sadie's house and walked in, perfectly knowing that Sadie would probably question why I've been gone for so long.

As I kicked off my shoes, Sadie came downstairs.

''If you haven't eaten already, dinner is in the fridge.'' she told me as she walked in the kitchen.

I followed her and saw she got Chinese food.

''My mom didn't feel like cooking.'' she explained as she poured a glass of juice for herself I shrugged and told her it was fine as I warmed up the food.