As he was right now, Khi probably needed the most care though, and she'd give it to him because she knew if anything were to ever happen to her, he'd stop the world for her. Just at the thought, a heat crawled up her neck and she glanced over at him again, making her dad laugh, and she smiled herself.

Christmas was getting awfully close.

"Sissa!" Sakari heard as soon as she stepped inside her house, seeing Shiloh and Siarah running full speed at her, from the kitchen

"My babies! Hi!" she squealed, picking Siarah up while Shiloh hugged around her waist. "I missed you so much," she cooed.

"I miss you too! You know I was on green all week? And my teacher said I can read very good," she nodded, while Shiloh pulled her into the kitchen so they could finish their breakfast. It was only 11 after all. On breaks, their grandma always allowed them to sleep in till 10.

"Good job, munchkin! I'm so proud of you," she gave her a kiss. Her siblings brought out her nicest side when she saw them. "What about you, Shy? How you been?" she turned to Shiloh, as she'd usually be trying to talk over Siarah now.

She didn't say anything, she just looked up, lip quivering.

"Shiloh what's the matter, baby?! What happened?" she asked frantically, setting the younger one down to kneel next to her sister's seat.

"I-I missed you," she pouted and Kari's heart clenched. Usually, Shy was the more tough sister, the tomboy if you will. But every now and then, Shiloh had a moment.

"Aw my goodness," she whined. "Don't make me cry, girl," she hugged her close. "I miss you too allll the time! Why don't you call me, pooh?"

"Because! Mama said your at school and I don't wanna make you fail," she explained, and Sakari did her absolute best not to laugh.

"Shy, you're not gonna make me fail, I still have weekends off like you. And if you wanna talk to me, I will stop doing whatever, okay? Call me more, Nadia, I'm not playing," she said, referring to her by her middle name.

"Okay," she grinned, giving her a kiss and going back to stuffing her face with a strawberry.

"Where's—mommy!" she yelled, running to her mom who was coming downstairs. "Hi ma!"

"Aw my Tootie! Hi baby," Tamika did a little dance over to Sakari and they shared a tight hug. "How are you? How's school?" she wondered, yawning. Since it was the literal day before Thanksgiving, Tamika and Shemar finally had a day off.

"School is good," she smiled, although she wished she could break down crying and tell her mom everything that was going on. But she refrained, for Khi.

After talking for a bit, she snuck up to her parents room, where she knew Tyree was sleeping. Semaja was at rehearsal for her autumn concert, which was tonight, so she wouldn't be seeing her till later.