Chapter 14

AN

Dedicating to @HufflepuffPrincessss, your comment really made my day ❤️☺️💖

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I need somebody to heal
Somebody to know
Somebody to have
Someboy to hold
It's easy to say
But it's never the same
I guess I kinda liked the way you numbed all the pain."

-Someone You Loved, Lewis Capaldi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mikaelson Mansion

"Well, well, well. There's our girl!" Kol mocks, getting up and standing in front of Rebekah.

"Get out of my way, Kol." She grits and tries to walk away but he kept blocking her path.

"Out all night. What a scandal!" He teases. "I hope you did better than that commoner. Matt, was it?"

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth." Rebekah threatens.

Klaus smirks at the banter between his younger siblings. Rebekah notices this, he is obviously in a good mood, last night was exceptional, that dance and that kiss will be forever embedded in his mind.

"Don't start, Nik." She glares as she pushed Kol away, stopping in front if Klaus.

"I didn't say anything." He smirks, holding in his laughter.

"I'm bored." Kol announces as he slumps down on the couch.

"Our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment." Kol teased, grinning.

Rebekah gave him a dirty look,"Oh speak for yourself Kol, like you didn't whore yourself out with Nik's pet last night."

"What are you waiting for? Go on then. Have at it." Klaus says looking up from his sketchbook inspecting it and adding shades on her face, ignoring Rebekah's comment.

"Oh hush Bekah, it's not fun to go alone. Join me, Nik." Kol whines looking back to Klaus.

He sits up and puts on a fake pouty face. "It's the least you could do after sticking a dagger in my heart."

Klaus sighs, caving in to his little brother. "Okay. Why not?" He then gets out of his seat.

Anything to get Kol to keep his mouth shut.

"I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night, with you trying to murder Rebekah's date and stealing mine." 

Klaus glared at Kol and puts down his sketch pad on the table as he passes Rebekah.

"Oh dear brother, you're going soft. Do tell me, will it be Rebekah who you will be drinking with to drown your sorrows when she rejects you?"
Kol taunted smirking at Klaus. 

"Shut up, Kol! Will you just get the bloody hell out! This house has enough men rolling around in it." Rebekah comments rolling her eyes at her brothers, clearly irritated.

Just as Kol was about to walk out the door, he turns to look at his sister. "Just like you, Bekah." He says tauntingly before skipping out the door.

"Run along Kol, while you still have a chance for that drink or I will tear out your tongue."

Klaus glared at his younger brother, obviously agitated at the mention of Khalida.  

Rebekah picks up her shoe and throws it towards Kol. "Good riddance, both of you!" She yells.

"Rebekah." Elijah begins, walking towards his sister.

"Oh, not you too, Elijah. Don't think I didn't see the way you watched that muppet like a rack of lamb last night." Rebekah rolled her eyes. 

"I'm worried about mother." He admits, ignoring her comment about Khalida. "Have you not noticed her strange behaviour?" 

"She's been dead for a thousand years. What's strange for her?" Rebekah asks rolling her eyes, finding it ridiculous that his brother is doubting their mother.

Elijah holds out a burnt bundle of sage in front of Rebekah, "Burned sage. She was doing a privacy spell." 

"You know she fancies such things." Rebekah dismisses, rolling her eyes. "Why don't you ask Finn? He's been doting on her." 

"I don't trust Finn." Elijah says. "He hates what we are. He always has." 

"You know that's not true. As for mother, she returned for one reason to make our family whole. She loves us. What trouble are you looking to find?" Rebekah asks before walking away.

Mystic Grill......

Kol stood in the bar playing pool with Meredith Fell. "A woman of your calibre ought to choose more suitable company." Kol says, trying to seduce her so he could get a drink out of her.

"What's your name, love?" He asks, leaning down on her ear.

"None of your business." Meredith says walking away from him.

"Let's try that again. I'll start. I'm Kol." He introduces himself.

"Why don't you get lost, Kol?" Meredith spits.

"And why would I do that? I like pretty little things with sharp tongues." Kol says, which wasn't a lie. He loves games and being challenged.

Alaric steps in behind Kol. "Pretty sure she told you to get lost." He says.

"I'm pretty sure I don't care." Kol says, still staring at Meredith with a hungry look.

As soon as Kol faces Alaric, Alaric stabs him with a dagger. "Next time, take a hint." Alaric whispers to Kol as he grunts in pain.

The rest of the Mikaelson siblings began to decompose, feeling the effects of the dagger.

"Something's wrong." Esther says worriedly as Finn falls the ground.

Klaus stands up, feeling a pain in his chest. "What is it?" Caroline asks.

"What did you do?" Klaus asks her.

"Nothing." Caroline lies.

Klaus grits his teeth and grabs Caroline's shoulders.

"What did you do!?" He growls.

"I didn't do anything. Stop it." Caroline whimpers.

Klaus lets her go when he realises who it could've been.

"Kol." Klaus then speeds to where he had left his brother and then followed the scent of booze and his brother's scent.

Klaus had arrived just as the Salvatore brothers and Alaric where dragging Kol out of the bar.

Klaus quickly takes the dagger out of Kol, the rest of the family waking up due to it.

"I should have killed you months ago." Klaus says to Damon.

"Do it." Damon says, "That's not going to stop Esther from killing you."

"What did you say about my mother?" Klaus asks.

"You didn't know I was friends with your mummy?" Damon asks. "Yeah, we have a lot in common. She hates you as much as I do." He taunts and Klaus grabs him.

"Leave him." Elijah says from behind the bunch of angry vampires. "We still need him, Niklaus."

"What did mother do?" Klaus asks the older original.

Elijah walks down just as his skin returned to normal with his phone in hand ignoring Klaus' question and passes it to Damon to show him the video Rebekah had sent him.

"You tell us where the witches are, or I'll have my sister kill Elena right now." He threatens.

Damon looks up at the clock. "You told us we had until after nine."

"I'm sure Rebekah would be more than happy to start her work early." Elijah says, smiling innocently.

"Elijah,"

Klaus suddenly froze as well as Elijah, Damon's eyes suddenly went wide before Stefan turned to look at who spoke.

"Elijah, you need to come with me. Now. You too Nik." Khalida said, intensely looking at the brothers.