6th Chapter

Stella Snow

Sadly, the sleep didn't help and the pain even worsened. Now, together with my head, my whole body aches, on top of everything, I have a high fever. I feel like I'm going to boil anytime soon.

This day is starting to become the best day ever!

Happy birthday to me!

All my muscles are sore and most of my joints are creaking. What the hell is happening to me? Am I dying or something? I tried to get up but I only groaned and winced from excruciating pain.

It's going to be impossible for me to cook breakfast for the pack and I'm going to have to skip school. I'm sure that Alpha Valerie is going to be furious with me but at this moment, I didn't care. She can come to my room herself and see that I'm not faking it.

I am just waiting for her to barge in here and drag me by the throat to do my duties but she never came. Maybe she decided to finally give me a break. Haha. Another one of my funny jokes.

The most probable reason is that the mother's in the pack decided to cook for their family since there's going to be a party, everyone's feeling proactive.

I kept still, avoiding any movements, just lying on the bed and looking at the white ceiling. I am tearing up from all the pain, it even hurts to breathe. If I am going to die, can't it just be quick and painless? Why do I have to suffer like this?

After a few hours or maybe just a few minutes, I wasn't really sure since I can't move my head to look at the time. I attempted to sit up. I can feel all my muscles screaming and burning while my bones were cracking. I suddenly felt immense pain, I screamed silently then I passed out.

**********

When I woke up, I could see from my window that it was already dark. How long have I been sleeping? I reached for my phone on the small side table, it was already six-thirty p.m., the party was going to start at seven so everybody should be getting ready by now.

I am feeling a little floaty, my headache is finally gone but my body still aches a little bit but it's not as bad as before. I can move without feeling that I'm going to die from pain.

Very slowly, I sit up and stand up from the bed, I am spaced out like I wasn't in control of my body.

I made my way towards my window, I looked up and had the most beautiful view of the full moon, it was simply hypnotizing. I can hear the party music but it was like distant incoherent noise. Before I knew it, I was climbing out of the window and I ended up in the backyard of the house. I walked toward the woods, just following the moon. I didn't know where I was going and I just let my body take over while my mind was foggy.

When my legs finally stopped moving, I felt like I walked for a couple of hours. I didn't even know if I was still in the pack territory, hopefully I was or else I can be considered as a trespasser and killed on sight.

I am currently standing in the middle of a mossy forest, I looked around and I am surrounded by large old trees with big roots and large vines hanging from them. When I finally turned around, I released a low gasp, my mind finally cleared and I was finally aware of my surroundings. There is a stunning tall waterfall, the water is so blue and glistening with the moonlight.

I hope I can remember how I got here, I want to go to this place every time. The water looks so inviting, I was feeling hot and sticky from my fever earlier and I figured that taking a little dip in the cold water will help me feel even better. I am the only one in this place so without any shame, I stripped all my clothes off, letting them fall on the grass.