Our True Feelings - Chapter 21

Depuis le début

I chuckled with an awkward expression. "U-Uh.. Thanks??"

Shinguji, Hoshi, Oma, Yonaga, and Yumeno looked at us with a smirk. Probably because they had witnessed our date yesterday too. Chabashira however looked skeptical as she glared into my soul. Did she not trust me?

We took our seats as Mr. Harada walked in. "Hello class. Let's start before I have time to reevaluate my life choices!" he says with his typical blank expression. I really wondered what his former Ultimate Talent was.. He doesn't like talking about it and always dodges the question when we do so. Maybe at the end of the year, it'll be a big surprise.

It's probably the Ultimate Couch Potato or something..

Class starts and before I knew it, it had already ended. We sat in the same groups as yesterday, except Gonta was here this time. He was playing with a scorpion by himself, as nobody wanted to get close to it. Sorry, Gonta..

"Hey, I have something to show everyone!" She announces to the class with an eager smile.

"Huh, what is it?" Keebo asks.

"Already telling everyone I see.." Shinguji puts his hand to his chin.

"A-Ah! W-Wait!" Kaede puts her hand out to stop her. "L-Let me say it.." she says quietly. Shirogane nods.

I blushed as Kaede continued talking. It really was embarrassing, but we might as well get it out now..

"S-Shuichi and I are dating!" she says with her eyes closed tight. To the few that didn't know yet, even they didn't seem shocked.

"Hell yeah, as if we all didn't know that!" Momota smirked. "But, I take full credits of knowing first with Maki Roll!" he says as if it was a flex. I chuckle at his enthusiasm.

"If you weren't dating, I was sure you two had a crush on each other." Keebo states. "But yes, congratulations." he smiles at us.

"I-It was really that obvious..?" I ask with an awkward smile.

"Yup." Harukawa says as she eats her lunch.

"G-G-Gonta didn't know! Gonta sorry he not realize sooner!" Gonta started crying happy tears. "Gonta so happy for both of you! Gonta so happy friends are together, Gonta thought they would make perfect pair!"

"It's okay, Gonta! They aren't dating, they're just joking!" Oma pats his back to comfort him.

"Eh! Really?! Saihara and Akamatsu lie?"

"Obviously Oma is the fuckin' liar!" Iruma replies angrily. "And it's about time, Bakamatsu, Shyhara! Surprised you two didn't get together sooner, I felt the sexual tension between you two so fuckin' hard! Just like his di-"

"Congratulations to the both of you." Tojo interrupted her and approached us with a smile. 

"Thanks, Keebo, Tojo, Gonta, Iruma." I say with a smile.

"Why are you including Keebo in this? He's not a person!" Oma smiled cheerfully.

"H-How rude, just because I'm a robot doesn't make me any less of a person!" Keebo says in complete offense.

"Now.. Can I show the pictures?" Shirogane asks us excitedly.

"U-Uh.. I'd rather keep that private for now.." I say.

She sighs in disappointment. "Well, it's alright. I'll keep them anyways."

Tojo leaves the room for a moment.

"Where's she going?" I ask.

"Dunno," Momota shrugged, "maybe something came up."

My question was answered as she walked back a few minutes later with a cake. "Please, do accept this." she says with a smile. "For the happy couple."