⛧What's in your mind?⛧

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I do!" He shyly puts the paper away, cheeks red and his grin seem almost permanent on his face. "But, yeah, maybe. I met a guy, Jon, we've been playing together. Maybe we can turn this into a song."

"That would be wonderful! Don't forget to show it to me as soon as you finish recording."

Ryan rolls his eyes playfully. "Why wouldn't I?"

And the clock finally decided to move after the lecture was over.

"Did you really disappear at that point to take a breath or were you actually kissing someone?" Jepha narrows his eyes, scratching his chin, and it's probably the third time he asks me this question, the first one being when he was driving each of us home. He was the only one sober out of a passed-out Dan, a giggly Bert and whatever in the hell was happening to Quinn.

"Believe whatever you want to believe, Jephy," I tell him without much interest, though having fun with his displeased reaction.

"Hi!" Quinn greets us as soon as we walk into the store, busy with helping a customer.

"Hi..." I reply, walking to behind the counter, where I leave my bag after getting my wallet and phone from it. "Can you take a look on it for me, man? I need to go somewhere and I don't wanna take my bag with me." Quinn raises an eyebrow at me, about to say something when I just pull him for a quick hug. "Thank you, 'love you," I tell him with a grin as jumping over the counter.

"(Y/n), do that again and I'll steal your kneecaps!" Quinn calls while I leave the store, words that go ignored, followed by a groan I can faintly hear when walking out the door.

There's this excitement in my chest, something I can't hold back, in a way my stupid grins and chuckles earn me stares from the people I walk past. I don't care. Once I see Frank in the distance, I try to recompose myself, starting to walk faster.

"Hi," I greet, catching his attention by elbowing his side lightly.

Frank smiles in response and, to my surprise, he pulls me for a hug, which I'm glad to return, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "So..." He pulls away, hand lingering over mine for a moment. "Want to go for a walk?" He nods towards the woods.

"Sounds good." I take his hand in mine to start to drag him with me down the trail. His embarrassment is extremely noticeable without me needing to glance at him, but I don't let that stop me – I'm slowly getting used to Frank. It also feels like if there's something more, like if I unconsciously know he is able to act different, maybe bolder, and try bringing that side out somehow.

A couple of minutes into walking, Frank's hand isn't tense anymore around mine and he looks back at me shyly when I check on him.

"How was your rest of weekend?" I break the silence, wanting to talk, wanting to know what is going on in his mind. "Is it still there?" I smirk a bit and take a gentle hold of his jaw to tilt his head to the side – the hickey I left is just a barely noticeable spot now among his tattoos. "Nice tattoos, by the way."

"Um, it was good," Frank speaks up a bit awkwardly. "And, thanks."

I hum quietly in certain amusement, running my thumb lightly over the tattoo. Familiar. Unfortunately, I apparently get too lost in it because the next thing I know is that I'm almost losing my balance.

"(Y/n)," Frank exclaims with worry and trying to help me stay up, even if his help is practically useless considering how I could regain my balance with a few clumsy steps and I look back to see I tripped on a root. "You alright?"

"Yeah, sorry." I sigh, taking a moment before continuing to walk. "I just..." I shrug, not really wanting to talk about it all and risk having Frank thinking I'm some kind of crazy idiot or whatever. He doesn't question, only spending a good moment observing me, like if making sure whether or not I'm going to talk.