Chapter 6~

"Thankyou for accepting me...soulmate."

Chan stared into my eyes, searching for a reaction. My eyes widened in shock. "Soulmate? I thought your soulmate couldn't be with you-oh." 

I looked down at the ground in embarrassment. He giggled shyly. I felt his finger and thumb gently touch my chin, softly bringing my face up to look at him. "I didn't want you getting involved in all of this. You don't know why we left our pack, or what its like to be like this. You don't know how dangerous even the simplest of things can be. I just didn't want you to get hurt."

He let go of my chin and rested his hand on the side of my neck, rubbing his thumb gently out of habit. I shifted my position so I was sitting on his lap facing him fully, my arms wrapped around his neck. Chan moved his hands to my waist, pulling me closer to him. "I understand, but I'm willing to learn. I want to know more about your past and your life. I want to learn about the person I'm dating. I don't like being left in the dark. And I'm not opposed to being turned sometime in the future.." I trailed off, getting distracted by the happiness in his warm, gentle eyes.

He pecked my lips before picking me up and placing me back on my feet on the ground. "Well give me time to learn more about that." His expression turned cold and he walked away. I followed behind him, grabbing his hand as we walked.

"Let me know if I'm crossing any boundaries, but what exactly happened back then?" He sighed. "Are you sure you want to know? Its.." His voice shook on that last word before completely stopping.

"I know its bad, someone died. But if we are going to be in a relationship I need to know you trust me enough to tell me this. Stop if you get uncomfortable." He met my eyes and nodded. 

"You know how us wolves have soulmates? I'm guessing you were told Jeongin was to young to have a soulmate?" He stopped briefly to check I understood. I nodded and he continued.

"He had a soulmate. He never got to know her. At that time he was to young for love, still only a child compared to the rest of us. Only 15. She was 15 as well. She knew about us because her father was one, but the gene didn't get passed down to her, but to her brother instead. They were twins. Her brother was best friends with Jeongin since they were pups."

A tear silently slid down his cheek as we walked.

"She wanted to be turned. So she could feel what he would feel for her. So she could pass down the gene and have kids like her. I was 18. I had only just began training to be the Alpha of the pack. She came to me because me and her were good friends."

A pang of jealousy shot through my chest. He had a good friend, and she was a girl. Chan seemed to read my mind as he continued. "She wasn't my girlfriend, ever. You don't have to worry my love."

The jealousy was instantly replaced with happiness. I felt like I was high, I couldn't contain the giddy smile from spreading across my face. I giggled quietly, shyly. Chan noticed my flushed face and briefly stopped walking.

"What's wrong? Did I say something funny?" He seemed genuinely worried which melted my heart completely. "You never said anything wrong. I just really like that nickname.." I looked down at the ground, my face somehow becoming redder.

"Aaww, my love your adorable" He continued walking slowly so I could catch up. "C-continue your story."

"Ok. So I promised to turn her on the full moon as it was apart of what changed a human to a werewolf. She met me on a cliff near our den, far enough away that we wouldn't get caught but close enough that we couldn't get lost. Something went wrong in the ritual and she never made it till morning. I buried her on that cliff, so the moon could always be with her."

The tears streamed down his cheeks and he collapsed onto the grass on the edge of the forest. Han and Changbin watched from a distance as I pulled Chan into a hug. We sat on the ground for half an hour, watching the sun slowly set into the distance. Eventually the boys went out looking for Chan and I, and they urged us back to the house.

Chan asked if I could stay with him that night, so we slept on the couch. As I drifted off the sleep, I felt Chans hands snake around my waist and pull me closer to him.