Six

The moment Chris dropped Bella off, Bella had a hard time leaving the warmth of his car. It may have been the warmth she was feeling from the heater he'd turned on or it could've been the heat of his body, his presence, it did wonders to her.

She eyed the door handle but glanced at him before she did. There was nothing on his face that was telling her she needed to hurry, it was clear he wasn't in a rush.

"I know I already said it, Chris, but I mean it!" She smiled warmly at him. "Thank you for tonight. I definitely want to do it again."

He nodded his acknowledgment. "Just let me know."

Bella nodded and opened the car door. She had almost climbed out when a hand on her wrist stopped her. She turned to see Chris' smile on full blast.

"Just for the record, I had fun too, Bella. So I want to thank you as well. Until tomorrow night!" She climbed out of the car with the widest grin on her face. She was about to shut the door when Chris' voice halted her. "And if Vincent gives you any trouble, you let me know."

She cocked her head. "Do you think he will?"

Chris glanced around her and she followed his eyesight and groaned loudly. "He might. I'm just a phone call away, Bella."

Bella nodded. "Call me when you get home so I know you made it safe? Can never be too sure in LA on a Saturday night."

Chris nodded as she closed the door. His car didn't leave until the front door clicked shut behind her and she was staring into the fiery eyes of her brother.

It had been a long time since Bella had seen the anger in Vincent's eyes be as bad as it was. Normally when he got angry, he could control the tick in his face, but right now it was going off like crazy. He was more than posed though Bella could really care less about it.

She threw her arms out for dramatic effect. "Chris has returned me safe and sound. Don't have a scratch on me. Would you care to check to make sure I'm not lying?"

Vincent crossed his arms over his chest, the working out that he'd done recently made his shirt extremely tight and she saw the sleeves tear a little. He was going to tear more than the shirt soon if he weren't careful with her.

"You went with him." Was all he said.

Bella nodded, taking off her jacket. "Yes, and I had an amazing time. I cannot wait to do it again."

"You won't be doing that?"

It was Bella's turn to cross her arms. "Let's get this straight once and for all, Vincent." She stalked toward him. "You are not the boss of me. You are not my parent. This is not your house. You don't tell me what I can or cannot do. You do not tell me who I can or cannot be with! This is my life to live, not yours, so back off" her finger jabbed into his chest and he lowered his arms. "This is only a rivalry because you got jealous. Don't take it out on me." She turned to the stairs, glancing over her shoulder once. "You take it out on me again, I'll really show you how much you'll regret doing so."

Vincent didn't say another word as Bella made her way to her room. She didn't bother talking to him the rest of the night or the next day. He was being an ass for no reason and until he decided to get off her back about Chris, she had nothing left to say to him.

-

Chris walked into the Banga Club the next afternoon, his bass over his shoulder. He saw the bartender attending another customer and waited at the bar.

Daniel was talking to another customer about the shows the other night. He glanced at Chris and gave a small grin, pointing at him with his thumb. "Here's one of the guys now." The customer spun around in his seat and let out a shocked laugh.