Chapter 4 - The Battle For Class A

Start from the beginning

"White room." At those two words my entire demeanor shifted. A whirlpool of emotions was swimming through my mind.

But she quickly added with a chuckle, "Don't worry I'm not going to blackmail you. Because my father himself has some connections with white room." I knew that but it still put me at risk.

"Then why did you call me if you knew I was going to reject you." I asked her still in the same seriousness.

"I just wanted to say to you, I will make you face me." With that she hanged her phone.

I let out a frustrated sigh and just sat down on the bed. What was Sakayanagi playing on? If I were on her place and I wanted to force someone. I shrugged and decided to sleep.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next day the results were announced. It seems our guess was spot on and manipulating the scores had really worked. I had been paired by none other than Sakura Airi. It was quite hilarious as when our pair was announced she shrieked in front of the whole class. Yeah that was really embarrassing, not at all hilarious.

I was trying to get Horikita out of the class but she was not ready to budge. Why can't she listen to me for once? I sighed and gave up to wait for my troublesome fate.

As class D was in uproar about the marks and tests, a sudden clanking sound took their attention.

There in front of the class stood none other than leader of Class A, Arisu Sakayanagi. Beside her were Masayoshi Hashimoto and Kamuro Masumi.

"It's my honor meeting a class who lost all its points during its first month of being in this school. I wonder how they are even keeping trash in this school."

Most of the class was looking down ashamed. It was as if they were seeing a deity in front of them. It looked like they already had accepted the fact that Class A was superior than them.

But the person beside me, went in front of the class. Sudou just behind her.

"Says the class who lost to us during the uninhabited island test." She said it loudly for the entire class to hear. Sakayanagi just smirked and Kamuro gave a look which showed how disgusted she was with Horikita's lie.

"Oh, but do you really think that would have been the case if you had gone against me when I was serious? I can buy someone from your class in minutes, you know that?" Sakayanagi said. I understood the moment she said this. She was planning something.

"That doesn't change the fact that you lost to us" Horikita said calmly.

"Fufufufu, if I want I can not only crush you, but also your brother anytime I want Horikita San. I can understand by seeing you, he is all talk." Sakayanagi said smirking. I could tell she was lying about her brother but that was still disrespectful.

The mention of her brother was enough for Horikita to lose her composure. Horikita glared at the shorter girl who was unfazed by it.

"It's nice to finally meet the leader of Class D" Sakayanagi said while giving her a hand to shake.

But Horikita didn't make any move to shake her hand back. She was looking down on Sakayanagi. The whole class was looking at the exchange.

"Sakayanagi san apologize about what you said to my brother now" Horikita said in anger.