"I'd like to be white" he had guessed the wanted that color, so he turned the board "Go on then, white starts first" he said, Angela nodded, thinking on what to move, setting down on the pawn directly in front of the rook.

"Freeing the rook already? Interesting move" the king commented, moving the piece in front of the horse. The match kept going for several minutes, Angela kept taking down several of the king's pieces but she didn't notice he was aiming for the most precious ones, soon managing to take her queen. 

"What?! No! Where did that horse come from?!" she shouted, clearly having not seen his complicated strategy, which made the king laugh.

"You lowered you guard and now your queen is gone" he said triumphantly, making her pout a bit.

"Sam give me a hand here, i need help" she called, turning around "I'm sorry Angela i'm not very good when it comes to complex games" he said, leaning over a bit.

"It doesn't matter, two heads are better than one, come on" she pulled him down, whispering something to his ear, her action causing a pang of jealousy to hit the king, making him frown a bit. 

"Yeah? I think so?" Sam answered a bit unsure, Angela in the end moved the rook all the way across the board, putting Techno's king on check.

"Check!" she said triumphantly, feeling proud of herself. Techno moved his king away, freeing it from the check, Angela leaned back to whisper again, this time loud enough for him to hear.

"He fell for it" Techno lifted a confused eyebrow, looking back down at the board, noticing that she was trying to trap his king with his own pieces, a smart move, shame that he noticed it.

The game went on for several more minutes but in the end Techno managed to win, defeating Angela.

"Oh noooo! I didn't see it" she groaned, laughing a bit "I guess i'll need more practice before i'll be able to put on a real challenge for his majesty" she said jokingly, making him smile.

"You're allowed to challenge me as many times as you want, you'll always lose" he teased a bit, earning a glare from her "Oh really? Let's go again then!"

They kept playing chess for several hours, Angela would always end up losing but she didn't care, it was fun to play with the king, he always tried to warn her before putting her on check and she would still miss it sometimes, which made them both laugh.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After dinner the king decided he was in the mood for a walk and brought her along, the two entering the garden.

"It's a bit chilly" she pointed out, shivering a bit, she forgot to bring a jacket and now was paying the consequences. Needless to say she was shocked when the king lend her his gown, placing it on her shoulders.

"Here, you can have it, i'm not cold anyway" he said with a smile.

"I-i can't take his majesty's gown!" she stuttered out, a bit panicked "If someone saw me with it on they would get angry" she nervously looked around, luckily no one was around the garden at this hour, so it was highly improbable, but still not impossible.

"It's ok, i'll just tell them you were cold, besides" he clicked the edges of it, securing it in place "What king of gentleman would i be if i let a lady shiver in the cold?" he said in a soft voice, making her blush, hiding her face in the white fur of the gown.

"T-thank you your m-majesty.... m-may i ask you s-something?" she hesitantly said.

"What is it?"

"Why are you so nice with me? I'm just a commoner like many others, why are you being... so caring and vocal with me?" she asked, feeling her cheeks burn at the thought that he might actually say that he liked her, but she knew that wasn't going to happen.