Chapter 3

After my little trip, I let myself back upstairs to get ready for dinner. I knew I had to make a good impression, so I put on my best black mini skirt and crop top. Rarely do I dress this way. All of a sudden, I hear my dad's voice, sound like he's talking through a small tunnel. "Mia, come to dinner downstairs." I looked around, spinning wildly. Where was he? "Oh," my dad chuckled, "I'm over the intercom." Immediately I felt stupid. Duh!
As an afterthought I put on my black Toms and made my way to the first floor. the kitchen was grand, like a normal kitchen but everything a soft white and silver color and naturally bigger than most objects in a normal kitchen. A table stood in the middle of the room with high backed chairs and plush seat coverings. Only six chairs worked its way around the circular table. If you peaked into the next room, you'd find the dining room a long table straight from Hogwarts in Harry Potter. High arched floor to ceiling windows lit up the far wall, stained glass shining bright even from this side of the room. It truly was amazing here, I'd admit.
When I re-entered the kitchen I saw my dad was already sitting and two chairs had been taken away. I took a better look and saw a woman sitting beside my dad. His girlfriend? And the seat beside mine was occupied. By my dad's very attractive friend, Jack. A gave a small smile to him and sat down. His gleaming white teeth shine bright when he grinned back.
"Mia, you're sitting beside my best friend Jack," My dad stated. But I knew that. We exchanged hellos and my dad continued on. "And beside me is Jack's girlfriend, Delilah." My heart dropped, and I'm not sure why.
"Oh," I said. "How old are you, Jack?" Dang it, Mia, why'd you say that? I scolded myself.
"Thirty-one," he replied, his magnificent blue eyes sparkling. His deep handsome voice matched the rest of him perfectly.
"Wow," I started, surprised, "you don't look a day over twenty."
His deep booming laugh echoed around the room. "Well thanks."
My dad cleared his throat, drawing my eyes away from Jacks perfect physique and onto My father's lingering stare. whoops. "Is lasagna ok, to start off?" the table nodded their agreement. halfway through dinner, I noticed my dad holding hands with Delilah. And then moving his hands to her thigh. and she was letting him! Oh my god. It was only then I felt a hand on my own. I saw the long thick fingers were connected to muscled arms, which were connected to Jack. So surprised, I didnt move his hand. Where he touched, a tingling feeling was left. "You got a boyfriend?" Jack asked quietly. "N-no," I lied, "But you have a girlfriend." At that he took his hand away and laughed, and I was left there relieved, yet strangely crestfallen.
We excused ourselves shortly after and I went to my room, no wait, my floor. Although when I walked in I was quite surprised to see Jack sitting on my bed.
"What are you doing here?" I questioned. He just smiled. "Talking." He came over to me. "How are you, Mia? Its been awhile."
"I'm good. I missed you," I admitted.
"Me too. You're all grown up now! Much more mature." This he said while looking me up and down, his eyes lingering in places they shouldn't be.
"Just a question, Jack, how are you and my Dad friends if you're thirty and he's almost fifty?"
"He coached my soccer team in university," He explained. "We became close friends and he helped me out a lot." I nodded. Makes sense. In a flurry of sudden movement, he had me pressed against the wall. My heart was thundering, excited and scared. "W-what are you d-doing," I stammered.
Jack laughed quietly. Oh nothing, Mia. I'll see you tomorrow." with a wink and a sly smile, he left. It was all I could do not to scream. Instead, I slid down the door, smiling the whole way, and stayed like that for at least an hour.

* * *

The next morning I woke up, laying in my comfy bed for awhile. As I got up I saw a hastily written note that must've been pushed under my door. It read: You, Me, beach. 10:30. Be there. Oh my god was it Jack? I didn't care. I put on my best -revealing- bikini and robe and walked downstairs. Another note on the table declared that my dad and Delilah had went shopping and would b back at two. A quick glance at the clock told me it was ten o'clock. early wasn't bad so I pushed open the sliding door and went outside. A quarter of a kilometer away was the beach, and I bought I saw a figure down there. trying not to run I put my stuff in a lawn chair and took off my robe. Strutting into the sea I soon confirmed my earlier realizations that it was Jack down here.
"Hi," I smiled shyly.
a mischievous grin spread across his face. "Hey there, you look... great."
a blush crept across my face and I uttered a thanks. We were waist deep now, going farther. We got to my neck and I said, "I can't go further." Jack just turned around and grabbed my waist. "Wrap your legs around me, I can go a bit farther." Quite insecure, I did as he said, my heart beating so fast he could probably feel it. I was now wrapped around him, my face in his chest.
I really wanted him, I hadn't realized until now.
He looked at me. "You're beautiful," he said. And he leaned in. Me, of course, being the stupid thing that I am, met him in the middle. Our lips met and fireworks went off. He pulled back too soon.
"Uh, I didn't mean to do that." He looked guilty. "I shouldn't have. I'm sorry and with that he carried me back to shore and ran inside.
I was left there, a stupid smile across my face, thinking about how much I wanted him. but he was timid. No matter, I'd get to him soon enough, and I'd break through his shell.